Page 55 of 79 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: Aluminium Trailer Build Tandem Axle (On a budget)

Re: Aluminium Trailer Build Tandem Axle (On a budget)

Matt look at this crap from the other day whos judging who buddy?

Chill man ffs..

Quote Originally Posted by shortthenlong View Post
    Yes it was at you, it was in reply to you in your thread.

Not angry just over your perpetual victim mentality and your hypocrisy

Matt
    Totally agree with what you say , his garbage isn’t worth getting wound u about . He asks Dumb questions gets answers and goes the other way and doesn’t like to answer civil questions, basically a moron
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Matt look at this crap from the other day whos judging who buddy?

Chill man ffs..
    Ok. I'm lost, none of the above is derogatory, negative or anything else I can think of. Were incorrect screenshots posted.
    Gazza this is not FB, Instagram i.e. Social Media. Lets stop posting thoughts and concentrate on the issue at hand.

So much drama and more than 2 years and 55 pages for a basic trailer?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

A lot of effort has gone into this trailer

Digs it was the beginning of the fire i guess some howi have upset matt which he has posted his reasonanings which equate to nothing really asthis is adiscussion board people will talk and have different views and opinions

Just seems there isa certain circle that revolve around the same stuff day in day out and they clearly post it i actually think they love it because they dont put me on ignore so they must be feeding off it

I think it is just time to play my outro music.

A bit of this

Followed by this

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by shortthenlong View Post
    I think it is just time to play the my outro music.

A bit of this

Followed by this

Matt
    I'm impressed that you figured out how to post videos on this fairly archaic platform!

Just doing my calculations its going to set me back $1000 to go 13" wheels, 40mm axles and new tandem mudguards bugger than im in debt and wont be able to get the brake hoses, winch post, bunks, lights

Just doing my calculations its going to set me back $1000 to go 13" wheels, 40mm axles and new tandem mudguards bugger than im in debt and wont be able to get the brake hoses, winch post, bunks, lights
    That’s how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gazza
    Once again, sit back and think - what really is the best way to build this trailer. IF it is 13” wheels, 40mm axles and new tandem mudguards, well that is the way you should go.

I think I mentioned it once before. Plan, Prioritise, Plan, Prioritise, Plan & Prioritise.

Then spend what money you have on the current most important thing. Save money and then buy the next most important thing.

If 13” wheels etc are the way to go, then that’s it, just buy and replace WHEN that part of rebuild is needed.

Good luck Gazza and keep up the grind and listen to advice

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

As someone mentioned, can you just make the frame a bit narrower? that is the same as getting wider axles, but costs nothing but time cutting the cross members.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    As someone mentioned, can you just make the frame a bit narrower? that is the same as getting wider axles, but costs nothing but time cutting the cross members.
    guess that would also mean cutting the front of the rails a bit shorter where they meet to pull the front in!

Maybe, depending on how they meet at the front? or possibly straightening out the bend just a tad to make a bit of clearance at the "point" ? need a photo to see what it looks like, but either way, it may achieve the same thing.

Hi Gaz

Something to consider is to buy the assembled trailer components as you can afford them from an Australian builder / supplier. It may be possible to bolt the components to your existing alloy frame and move them to suit the boat / trailer balance and future towing requirements. I have had good service from Oceanic and note there are 4 dealers in the Sydney area. You may be able to pick up directly and save yourself shipping costs. Just a thought. I used them for my recent trailer rebuild and found the staff very helpful. All up under $1k for new axle, springs, skids, rails and walkway..

Trailer Parts Catalogue – Oceanic Marine (oceanictrailers.com.au)

Cheers SS