Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Aluminium Trailer Build Tandem Axle (On a budget)

Re: Aluminium Trailer Build Tandem Axle (On a budget)

always take another set of eyes when buying something

and have a budget and plan for a build so you don't jump all over the place as it never works out

I’d be taking my cousin’s husband back to the joint you bought it from.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Noel i have it all under control but the boat is at the mercy of the boat code guy weather he is happy with my receipt (mines addresses) along with a statutory declaration signed by a justice of the peace this is what RMS told me i need but it will depend on the guy doing the boat coding and validation weather he is happy with the paper work or not, i am tempted to put the boat on the back of a tilt tray and take it to a boat coder one that will accept the stat dec along with my receipt just so i know i own the boat and i am able to register it

the boat has a old left over faded marking of a QLD rego but it has a NSW boat code that was never registered

i only have the hull on the go at the moment and about to start the trailer, the Etec i would like to repair but i am happy to just part it out a much

i'm down close to 1k on the bike but i am counting my loses the seller has now deleted his facebook account, i called the police and they are coming out sometime tonight to see the bike

still have 2.5k but to boat code and register the boat i am putting 2k aside for the trailer on its own, i just finished working on the 50hp Mariner today installing the water pump i just need the timing done and this boat will go up for sale sometime during summer to fund a new engine for the big boat

jclay i used the genuine revs check $25

the plan was to sell my small boat and sell the Yamaha WR450F both for around five to six thousand to fund a nice engine

The boat code shouldn't be a big deal, I have done a few and never had a drama, I even know people who have written their own receipt to cover the technicality.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    I’d be taking my cousin’s husband back to the joint you bought it from.
    This sounds like the best plan to me, even if it's enough to scare him into giving you your cash back.

The guy who sold me the bike was telling my cousin (another cousin) one that came with me to pick up the bike that he was headed back to Northern Territory, i tried calling him, i tried msg'ing him on FB i put up a post with his picture on it on FB than he deleted his account

still waiting for the police to show up to see what they are going to do about it

Noel that is an idea but i would feel uncomfortable writing out my own boat receipt i thought about putting the sellers address on the receipt but that would look even worse, one time i walked into RMS when it was RTA i than had to walk back out and head back to the local police station where i had left my license i went back to the RMS and attended the counter where the lady told me i walked off and went to write my own receipt i was furious i explained i had just went back to the police station for my license

i can't lie for the life of me

didnt see that coming, this thread just got a bit dramatic, honestly boat code is easy peasy.....do what you got to do, rewrite the paperwork. once i got a trailer from QLD and it didnt have a serial number, what did i do ? l just qouted the part stamp number on the tow coupling, passed......with flying colors now as for the stolen bike, you got burnt you didnt do your homework, chaa ching

Any of u guys got an idea on how to weigh the hill without stringers and floor in the boat? Trying to figure out if i need 1 or 2 axles

I'm going to do it the legit way guys no nonsense i will do as RMS says to get a statutory declaration to go along with my receipt, cops are still at my house picking up the bike than i will head over to Capral Aluminium to see if i can get a deal on the aluminium hopefully i can get a discount on over a $1000 order

You would kind of think if the Police have the bike, you know where the guy lives, that they would have him in custody already, unless it was a deal done in a parking lot or something? it's not that hard for the Police to find someone.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Any of u guys got an idea on how to weigh the hill without stringers and floor in the boat? Trying to figure out if i need 1 or 2 axles
    No way I know except take it on the trailer to the weigh bridge, then take the trailer on it's own, neither options will be easy with the boat as it is.

Hey Noel the police took a report they took pictures of mine and the sellers conversation on FB i showed them everything i had people on FB help me while the seller blocked me after the sale i had no access to his pictures other people went into the sellers account and saved all his pictures than sent them to me so the cops took pictures of all the guys photos

the detective said he will send the wollongong police around to the sellers house to follow up on the deal and he asked if i was willing to make a statement i said i will so they will likely charge the seller and i really hope they do, they have so much evidence, FB conversation, pictures of the receipt, pictures of the sellers birth certificate, the cop asked what the guys house looked like i hope they string this bastard up

I thought about getting some 1000kg hanging scales from ebay and lifting the trailer with mine and my cousins car engine hoist than i thought about just buying the caravan trailer scales that u roll the trailer onto but those were over $500 a pair so I'm not really sure how i will go about weighing it

i just tried to place my order with capral they had sent me a email about 1 week ago saying free delivery for first purchase my total comes to $1080 with $48 being shipping if i can find the email i can place a order now however if i cannot i need to put a extra $20 in my account, i called up and asked if the lady could do the promo code over the phone but she was blunt and said no

i reckon you would get away with single axle at 45mm solid axle running 4-5 slipper springs on 195/R15 or 16 wheels, or just go down to boat ramp and rip of ideas, best to keep the rig stamped as under the 2000 gvm limit hence you just need mechanical brakes. my guestimate on your finished rig would be about 1500kg or stretch that to 1800kg if you do the hardtop.

I can find 1400kg and 1600kg axle kits on ebay if i were going single axle i would probably buy it new if i was going tandem i would have to use my old axles, using my old axles means i will have to move the boat and park it for good while i take the axles from under it for the new trailer

if i bought a new single axle kit i could build the new trailer where i would have parked the boat, its over grass but should pan out, the thing with buying a new axle is i need one that already has the brake mounts welded on and has been galvanized they are hard to find on ebay