Page 39 of 79 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Aluminium Trailer Build Tandem Axle (On a budget)

Re: Aluminium Trailer Build Tandem Axle (On a budget)

Got one axle on the clearance between disc and spring is 35mm i cant go anymore also these mudguards were not designed for these fat wheels it only just makes clearance the inside of tyre to inside mudguard wall would be less than 10mm and it barely covers the tyre on the outside bugger

Another bummer the U bolts i bought for the fish plate/axle they only sent.me 4 not 8 and they sent 50mm U bolts not 40mm

What a p.... of a thing its a nightmare i am buying shit 2-3 times over fmd

These wheels are the spares i have 8 qheels all up the 4 bodgey spares are going on the old rusty trailer, the old rusty trailer has 4 brand new tyres on it that are going on the ally trailer

She will need a good detergent and pressure washed once finished

Edit: $68 for U bolts alone wow stuff is expensive locally

Attachment 120970Attachment 120971Attachment 120972Attachment 120973

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Yeah thought maybe it would be a bit of deterant to scrap the trailer if stolen the thiefs would need to take more time to grind out all the stamps

Im thinking it would definatly stop anyone trying to reregister the trailer as if u weld over the stamp the colour of two aluminiums will stand out like dogs balls unless the whole trailer is painted

It won't hurt Gazza - small story as to why. A mate of the old man's built a custom trailer that got knocked off many years ago. One day a couple of years on his son saw a trailer that looked like it (and as it turned out - was it) under a boat going the other way so he did a U bolt and followed the trailer to it's destination - knowing that his old man had welded his name somewhere under the trailer. Sure enough - name was still there, called the cops and got the trailer back. Being a custom trailer, it will be easy enough to recognise in a photo if they try to flog it off or someone see's it. On a production trailer - not so much. I can't imagine anyone knocking it off for scrap - they are worth a heap more money as a going concern.

Yeah im thinking along those lines Scott FB and forums have a big community and there would be next to none 6.5m aluminium trailers running 9inch wheels so it would stand out

I tack welded my axle pads and the shs 50x50 tube over my axles today all went well

I disassembled the whole front axle and disc to pack away in the shed i need to pull the axle back out tomorrow to fully weld it

Was surprised to see my half axles slide strait inside the shs steel tubing thought i was going to have to grind out the weld seam

I extended my axle length 70mm (35mm clearance on both sides) axle was 1850mm i ordered 1875mm now have 1920mm so when i replace the axles i will need a 1925mm

Trailers overall width from outside mudguards is around 2010mm my hull at its widest is 2007mm

What’s happening. Time for an update.

Nothing yet it only stopped raining this morning it has been raining for days, it absolutely pissed down here in the early hours than a huge wind storm kicked up and the sun was shinning

I cant really do much i need to drive to places to pick up the brakes for trailer i fear if i order them we will get shut down and my stuff will be stuck in a wearhouse somewhere i may just bite the bullet tho i will wait untill monday and order by ebay

Cant even go pick up the sleepers or pick up the bolts for them, not sure what delivery would cost for 2x 4 meter sleepers? The cheap stores are in blacktown which would cost a bit to bring over here

This lock down is a real downer i cant do shit all

Bugger it off with the blouse lol just ordered the hydraulic hand lever for the tow hitch receiver along with a set of hydraulic brakes really hope it doesnt get stuck in the mail

Whew!
    That was a close call, I was about to post but gave myself an uppercut just in time.
    Good luck with your project Gazza.

Im really screwed if our mail gets stopped than we get another house as when mail resumes they'll leave it at the old house front door instead of taking it to the post office it is quiet a lot money to lose over $200 in parts

Shot forgot to order my bolts... will do that tonight

Bugger knew something was going to happen we got offered a nice house next suburb over tiny backyard long driveway for my ship

My trailer parts are still in the mail and im going to lose my 15 amp dedicated power supply i paid to get installed

Looked like a normal driveway maybe 3/4th a gate so the old girl may have to get parked on the lawn or swap over trailers as old trailers axles too wide

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Bugger knew something was going to happen we got offered a nice house next suburb over tiny backyard long driveway for my ship

My trailer parts are still in the mail and im going to lose my 15 amp dedicated power supply i paid to get installed

Looked like a normal driveway maybe 3/4th a gate so the old girl may have to get parked on the lawn or swap over trailers as old trailers axles too wide

It’s a lot cheaper to file down your 15amp lead to fit a 10amp socket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shaun my air compressor is 3hp way to big to run off a 10 amp plug, my razor weld 200amp mig is 15 amp as is my 200 amp ac/dc tig machine all cheaper brand equipment but cost thousands i would never file the plugs

Ganna have to save up and either get an electrician out to install a dedicated 15amp line or buy 2x 3000kw silent generators and run them parallel