Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Little man dressed in gold suit saying "Chaa Ching" Aluminium trailers and there cost

Re: Little man dressed in gold suit saying "Chaa Ching" Aluminium trailers and there

OK,
    Pop corns ready, I'm in a comfy chair............................................. ..

Col

Re: Little man dressed in gold suit saying "Chaa Ching" Aluminium trailers and there

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Guy's these trailer companies are not selling 3 or 4 trailers a week they are going out of stock and taking back orders.. the guys who do 3 or 4 trailers a week are welded and engineered pieces of rolling architect those are not the ones i am talking about, i am talking about the companies that are wacking trailers together in a couple to a few hours the type that are selling out of stock the reason they are going out of stock is due to demand and so they charge whatever they feel they can rather than a moderate price that covers all there cost of daily running plus a little bit extra, not a "its worth this much i'll throw another 2k on top for good measures"
    Overheads are there regardless, we have a 12 week wait on our campers and the fact is money comes in and money goes out, at slme stage there is an investment and there is a return, it doesbt matter how many you sell.

If you think these companies are making a profit you are 100% correct. You may be able to build a trailer but the ‘average joe’ (as you quote) may not be able to. The ‘average joe’ can probably code a program or turn crude oil in to petrol. Fact is our skills are valuable and this will drive up the price of any product. If you want to build one yourself then go for it, but don’t knock a business for making a profit, you simply look like a child whinging because they have to work for their pocket money.

Guy's these trailer companies are not selling 3 or 4 trailers a week they are going out of stock and taking back orders.. the guys who do 3 or 4 trailers a week are welded and engineered pieces of rolling architect those are not the ones i am talking about, i am talking about the companies that are wacking trailers together in a couple to a few hours the type that are selling out of stock the reason they are going out of stock is due to demand and so they charge whatever they feel they can rather than a moderate price that covers all there cost of daily running plus a little bit extra, not a "its worth this much i'll throw another 2k on top for good measures"
    Hi gazza.

Time to get on with the trailer build thread. Just buy the bits and put it together save some money. If you can buy enough for doing three trailers and you could sell the other two this would pay for yours. You could even charge a little more for some pocket money for other parts for the boat rebuild.

" If you build it, they will come"

Cobbo pocket money? The general public are paying royalty rates

Pretty straight forward. Supply and demand. That said, with competition in the marine game being what it is, I am pretty confident if someone could make a reasonable business out of flogging alloy mass produced trailers while meeting statutory, market,insurance and warranty requirements as well as turning a reasonable profit given the size of the necessary investment and associated risk, they would have.

Cobbo pocket money? The general public are paying royalty rates
    Yes, in this age of entitlement a lot of people think they deserve something for nothing, exactly like a child wanting pocket money for doing nothing, and that is exactly how you sound right now.

As many have already said here, if the profits are so big, then go and start your own trailer manufacturing business, sell them at what you currently think they are worth and let’s see how long you last, if your pricing is correct you will blow everyone else out of the water with it and before we know it you will have more sales per annum than Dunbier. If they sink their teeth in so much on each sale then you will be a millionaire in no time.

Chaa Ching!

and its more then just steel that goes into a trailer
    rollers skids winches lights axles bearings hitch wiring
    there would be $200 in bolts in my trailer alone

and you just choose to ignore the business costs associated with building selling marketing and distributing them (the boat show stands can cost many 10s of thousands depending on size)
    standing in your back yard and slagging off business owners employing people and supplying product to our past time saying they are price gouging is just delusional

Good one Gazza you have hit a nerve if you are being compared to whinging child.

You go build that quality trailer and you’ll be happier in the long run.

Unfortunately it’s like a lot of things in this country that people want and that includes trailers, camper trailers, etc, etc people can see there is a dollar to be made by flooding the Australian market with inferior products. They might look all shiny and new but they do not last.

Things are a little off here when someone voices their own opinion and does not denigrate one individual and you are suddenly compared to a whinging child. Give me a break.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

Ive just replaced my Mackay trailer 2500kg with a new alloy 3358kg trailer, only due to the fact i checked on weigh bridge and found i was 500kg over with the Mackay.
    In my extensive research for a new replacement i faced quotes from $12000 to $17000 until i found a boat dealer called "Cobalt Boats" at Gold coast city marina, they import their boats on US Alloy trailers then sell the trailers, I paid $8000 for the alloy trailer and it now holds my whittley and tows great price i felt was very reasonable. Looking at the design it seems pretty simple if you could get the Alloy I beams professionally bent to shape the rest should be straight forward. I respect your skills Gazza and i look forward to watching your trailer build. Photos attached for anyone interested.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Trying to work this out now i will have $3500 plan was just to focus on the Etec 130 than i thought about buying another engine but i got all of 1 question on the Etec add's i had up and that was for the exhaust valve so decided to keep the Etec plan is to some how repair this plus build a rolling aluminium frame

so far i can build the whole trailer for just over $2000, aluminium cost is around $1000, a braked axle and trailer kit is $700, need a drawbar,nuts/bolts, wheels, guards and work something out for a winch post plan will be drive on drive off

Quote Originally Posted by Cobbo1 View Post
    Yes, in this age of entitlement a lot of people think they deserve something for nothing, exactly like a child wanting pocket money for doing nothing, and that is exactly how you sound right now.

As many have already said here, if the profits are so big, then go and start your own trailer manufacturing business, sell them at what you currently think they are worth and let’s see how long you last, if your pricing is correct you will blow everyone else out of the water with it and before we know it you will have more sales per annum than Dunbier. If they sink their teeth in so much on each sale then you will be a millionaire in no time.
    Don't worry mate - he's had a year in business and clearly knows what he's talking about with margins and true costs... what do the rest of us know?