Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 18.5ft Boat needs a new transom

18.5ft Boat needs a new transom

Took my boat in to get a condition report and it looks like it needs a new transom. So if anyone is looking for a fishing boat as a project please let me know as I would like to sell it off as a complete package rather than selling it off in bits and pieces. It is a 18.5ft fishing boat and don't have the time to replace it myself.

2013 150HP XS Pro outboard
    2017 built, reg tandem trailer.
    Simrad NSS 8 combo and 1KW transducer,

Contact me for further details.

Ed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: 18.5ft Boat needs a new transom

What kind of money are u looking at getting? i can't afford to keep 3 boats but your transom is a piece of piss to replace on that boat and geez shes still in good nick too as in ascetics

Gazza2006au, PM sent.

Ed what u were originally asking u could sink half or a quarter of that into refurbishing the transom than still ask for that full amount you had her listed for, what your asking now is a good buy but i think a lot of people will see a big job and some coin to go into it

that is a nice engine

Hi Gazza2006au, I don't have time or the enthusiasm to do that sort of repair anymore. I could do it myself but I have other priorities, so I just need it gone quickly even if it is at a big loss. The engine has done about 180 hours and the cylinder compression were between 125-135PSI. I also replaced all the bearings on the trailer last week too.

Here is the link to it on Gumtree. https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/ning...ced/1198463770

If this link is against forum policy an admin can remove it.

looks like its done some work. did you cut the roof off to be a work boat.

Hi Catshark, the hull/deck are as I got it. Apparently it used to be a half cab, someone removed the cab and modified it with aluminium panels in it and then filled it with 2.2M3 foam so pretty much unsinkable. The things I have done to it are a heap of re-wiring to make sure all the electrics work, switch panel, added a 3700 Gallon bilge pump, added the Simrad NSS8 Combo and a 1Kw transducer and another VHF radio to it. Changed the winch strap to dyneema rope, new bearings in the tailer hubs, 130AH AGM battery and lastly a couple of 2500Kg straps to tie down the boat to the trailer and that's about it.

Eddo u perhaps think your stringers and floor are on there way out too? hence why u don't want to sink $3000 into the transom and ask your original twenty six thousand?

No Idea about the stringers, the floor seems quite solid. The reason I don't want to sink any more money into a boat is that I am getting ready to do the grey nomad thing in about 18 months so need to get rid of a lot of stuff and get the house ready for sale. To replace the transom would a fair bit of time and then would also have to then wait a while to sell it and the money I would have to put into it would be better off doing my house up. My wife will be retiring as soon as we sell the house so will be getting a caravan to travel around in, and so my priorities have changed. This also means I need to put in a fair amount of work and money to get the house ready for sale and don't need any more "projects" if you know what I mean.
    In any case I only go fishing about 6 times a year so if I get the urge I can always go on a charter boat. It would still work out better that way.

But anyone who is interested in the boat is more than welcome to check it out first.

Understandable but $3000 $3five00 u sink into means it gets done professionally by a fiberglass repair company u dont do any of the work other than drop it off and pick it up i dont know how long it will take maybe 2 weeks? and your losing out on ten thousand bucks

Don't quite know how to say this without sounding rude, but, it might be hard to sell in its current configuration, it's not a cabin boat, it's not a runabout, or a bow rider, it's kind of a cut to bits open cabin, if there is such a thing.

Initial thoughts when i seen the first post it was a centre console but later when i checked the link its a dual side console with spray deflectors if u call them that

This boat may not suit all tastes but it is what it is, in other words, a 18.5ft fishing boat, in the end if it doesn't sell than I will just break it apart and sell off the bits and pieces. As I said before I am not going to spend any more time or money on trying to do it up. I thought that I would put it up here as there are a few people on here doing up old boats and so If anyone is interested then great, if not that's life! Please no more suggestions on how I should fix it up, ain't going to happen by me. I actually turned down an opportunity to by a 22 ft new bare hull shell for $2500 which was an absolute bargain and I could have used my parts in it, reason being I know what is involved in time, money and effort to totally complete a finished boat neither of which I have spare.

like you said before, you have different prioritys now being in wanting to travel and prep the home for sale, so the boat gotz to go... some one will take it.

Have u tried Gumtree and FaceBook Classifieds? Usually us on here doing rebuilds already have projects we found else where, a mate found mine on FB but i have seen a few on Gumtree i was considering also

in its current condition the boat its self will have very little or next to no value i actually got my project boat for free, you need to work out what your engine is worth and what your trailer is worth if someone doesn't want to rebuild your boat they would have to factor in the cost of taking the hull to the tip

it's likely someone will buy it just for the engine and resell your trailer but 13k is a bit pricey of this is there plans however if they want to rebuild the hull than u may just get the 13k