Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2 forum members censored on THT

Ausfish Platinum Member

2 forum members censored on THT

Hey, noelm, looks like we got censored off that guns on boats thread in THT To be fair, the more offensive of the replies got taken down, too. Geez, all I did was post a link, in your support, to the original article, showing what some had disputed as "Aussie (or Limey) propaganda.

Re: 2 forum members censored on THT

Quote Originally Posted by ranmar850 View Post
    Hey, noelm, looks like we got censored off that guns on boats thread in THT To be fair, the more offensive of the replies got taken down, too. Geez, all I did was post a link, in your support, to the original article, showing what some had disputed as "Aussie (or Limey) propaganda.
    Hahaha, what did you say? You just cant ague with people who cant see the wood from the trees. You can identify americans by their priorities in life, guns, god and self protection. Eating yourself to death is your god given right but woe s me for crticising your gun ownership. Ah, just watch Jim Jeffries put downs. Why did you bother anyway? Boring day at the office?

All I said was I saw on the news a guy in the US caught on security camera, it involved a youth who quite innocently knocked on his door to ask directions, the guy answered the door armed with a shotgun, the youth ran off and the guy shot at him, nothing really offensive, and my post was in response to another member who said if anyone approached his boat offshore, he would shoot first if they didn't answer a radio call to state their business, it then turned into an "Aussie propaganda" reply, I really meant nothing by it, simply what I saw on the news, and how it matched the guy opening the door with a gun! No skin off my nose, had plenty of debates over there, and been warned.

I think it's just an ingrained gun mentality in the US, maybe a carry over from the Wild West cowboys? but it seems everyone has a gun in the car, one in their belt, a couple in the house, one in the bedside table, and one or two in the boat "just in case" we might have pretty strict, and even archaic gun laws, but it suits me just fine, my son has a couple of guns, but, they are registered, he is licensed, they are stored, unloaded in an approved safe, and the ammunition is stored separately, no one has ever told anyone they can't have a gun here, you just have to comply with the laws, but, I feel pretty confident that when I go to a shop, or sporting event, the people alongside me are not armed, and that is just how I like it.

Maybe they found out about your troublemaker rep noel?

Ausfish Platinum Member

yeah, when you are awash in guns, you almost need to carry one yourself. The original intent of their Second Amendment ( right to bear arms) was a hangover from the days of the the American Revolution, and has since been perverted beyond recognition. Anyway, not getting into that argument, and I'm aalways aware of the need to remain respectful on "their" forums, lots of useful knowledge there, and some genuinely good people , it seems. Their mods are redhot on the prohibition of political discussion on the forum, and rightly so, as their politics are such as cesspool of hate and bigotry. Make our lot look like a perpetual group hug.
    I was in another thread there, earlier this week, that just disappeared. turns out it was sent to The Bilge. Someone commented on the return of E85 fuel, which had disappeared under Obama. I made a comment that their president was trying to get votes back in the farm belt, where he was losing ground due to his tariff war, a few other people gave their opinion, someone got heated, and off to The Bilge it went.

I learned a long time ago to try to keep out of gun threads, but, the similarity to the guy answering the door with a gun, and a member saying how if a boat came near him, he would shoot, just seemed to rate a mention, Jesus, if I shot every boat that came up to me fishing, I would need a Navy ship just for the ammo, I guess we are just not that paranoid....yet!

Sounds like u guys need a spank i tried to google a suitable picture but to my surprise i bet u guess what i found haha

So you guys went on an American forum and commented on guns....geez....
    You'll be talking E-tecs on here next.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

e-tecs are bullet proof aren't they? guns are useless on them!

Ausfish Platinum Member

No, we did not comment on guns per se, just a particular incident. A later post from the OP may shed a bit of light on it a quote
    Basically, I will carry a firearm. Or several. I believe there is a need for me to have protection while boating to protect myself and my family. It really has nothing to do with fear.
    he is an ex-serviceman, and a lot of these guys carry a lot of PTSD--basically, any kind of confrontation, real or imagined, any stress, they feel naked without a gun at hand. The more honest will admit it.
    You stay away from guns and politics on that forum, particularly is it is very much based in Trump country. As for guns in particular, there is never anything to be gained from entering that debate--I'm here for BOATS!

HeHeri am worried about my wallet, keys and phone this guy carries a gun wtf lol

In saying that some of those coastlines near the borders would be pretty sketchy with drug runners and what not, would hate to be seen in the wrong place at the wrong time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Dirty Fuzz u might end up with 100 pounds of snoop dog special by accident lol

three things here. 1. Survival of the fittest. 2. I don't worry about my property - we have 2 highly trained dogs and 2 alert dogs, plus a 7,000v 6' foot fence, and I'm usually home and carry my sidearm with me in the house and around the property, so I typically don't live in fear. 3. Your misquote is kinda off topic.

the above is simply a copy and paste of part of a reply from the gun thread, I just can't imagine anyone having that sort of "protection" needs, unless you live in some really bad place, and if it was that bad, I think I would be moving house!