Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2 forum members censored on THT

Re: 2 forum members censored on THT

Quote Originally Posted by GBC View Post
    I could tell some stories about the gulf in the 80's, Le Mans style starts out of Weipa, shotties on the front deck blazing away.....those big Darwin/gulf boats thought they didn't have to give way to our little 20m east coast boat - Ha!
    We had a shot gun pulled on us by a crab pro in the Fitzroy because he thought we were checking his pots!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyfuzz View Post
    We had a shot gun pulled on us by a crab pro in the Fitzroy because he thought we were checking his pots!

Most pro boats have enough weaponry to start a small civil war.

nil carborundum illegitimi

Quote Originally Posted by GBC View Post
    Most pro boats have enough weaponry to start a small civil war.

"Well barramundi are a bloody big fish"

quite a large 3d archery tournament was held here, the iba worlds
    some of the top American shooters wouldn't come because they couldn't bring their guns for defense.

tbh good ifshing gear comes out of asia if only they would drop the prices on minnkotas and lowrance then build a wall and close themselves.

Thankfully ( in Australia) it’s an academic argument only for 99.99999% of the population. It only takes one fruitcake to turn up to work one day with a sawn off 12 gauge and your day can be a real bummer. Actually it’s more than a day.
    Unfortunately in America this is a real risk for school kids. And a very small percentage of us. Although the yanks seem to prefer automatic weapons as it gets better press.
    I always argue that a fruitcake with a SAW does a lot more damage than a fruitcake with a paper plate. Gun control doesn’t eliminate fruitcakes it does impact the damage they can do.

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

Oh dear. You don’t think you could get your hands on a semi-auto centre fire rifle right now if you wanted it?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Criminals will always have access to weapons, you just can't argue with that, but, as long as the main stream population doesn't have a dozen guns for "protection" then it lessens the possibility of someone just getting pissed off and shooting the neighbour or someone who cut them off in the car, as I said, I am not anti guns, my son has a couple, and so does one of my brothers, but I am thankful for the stand that was taken on gun control. I guess the difference between using (say) a car for mass harm is, with a gun, you can do it from a long distance, hidden from view, someone with a knife or the like, has to get close, and the chances of mass destruction of life is slim, that said, it's a very emotive issue, especially in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Criminals will always have access to weapons, you just can't argue with that, but, as long as the main stream population doesn't have a dozen guns for "protection" then it lessens the possibility of someone just getting pissed off and shooting the neighbour or someone who cut them off in the car, as I said, I am not anti guns, my son has a couple, and so does one of my brothers, but I am thankful for the stand that was taken on gun control. I guess the difference between using (say) a car for mass harm is, with a gun, you can do it from a long distance, hidden from view, someone with a knife or the like, has to get close, and the chances of mass destruction of life is slim, that said, it's a very emotive issue, especially in the USA.
    you left out one piece of info. fishing rod is for catching fish, a gun has only one main purpose, to kill.
    definition of a weapon, "a thing designed or used for inflicting bodily harm or physical damage."

Yes and for most registered weapons in this country (hunting rifles) the purpose is to kill animals for table - and I conceed in some cases for sport. Same as a fishing rod.
    Not that I argue a loomis is as dangerous as a 30/30 but as a tool the intended use is the same.
    Though I consider the gun laws ill thought out as anything managed by a government comittee will inevitably be, the main target of the legislation is about firearms that generally are not hunting tools...so I don't have a major issue...even though I had to hand one of mine in.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Andy56 View Post
    you left out one piece of info. fishing rod is for catching fish, a gun has only one main purpose, to kill.
    definition of a weapon, "a thing designed or used for inflicting bodily harm or physical damage."
    I've killed a lot more things with one than the other - and it isn't the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    I've killed a lot more things with one than the other - and it isn't the gun.
    The exception is always trotted out to disprove or disparage the reality. How many people can you kill with a fishing rod and how many fish can you kill with a gun? I think that puts it in perspective.

guns are still silly easy to get in Australia

out of the people i associate with 13 have guns mainly larger caliber rifles
    none hunt, none target shoot
    all you have to do is go down to the lcoal gun range fire of 30 rounds from a 22 thats chained to the bench and you have fulfilled your requirements to say your a sporting shooter

its still a flawed system here
    also found out i was a signed up shooters party member as my father signed me up 35 years ago, am now removed

Yes true, no system is perfect, but I personally prefer what we have compared to a lot of other places, does anyone even consider the person next to them in a shopping centre has a gun?

I disagree with most of what has been said here.

Guns don't kill people.....bullets do.....

and thats a load of horseshit

but hey everyones allowed an opinion