Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Re: Seafarer Victory - Hardtop conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Attachment 118588Attachment 118589

In keeping with the sideways theme......roof mating roughed in. Glue it to the roof one night this week with any luck and glass nest weekend.
    I for one is getting use to the sideways photos and just turn the laptop sideways.

Certainly coming along well and I am sure you will miss the salt spray in your face and going all over the electronics. Was never a big fan of hardtops until I got older.

Great on the early morning starts in winter and I don't miss getting to the fishing spot looking like a drowned rat. Have a sunroof in the hardtop and its great for letting cool air in and the helm is raised so you can stick your head out through the top for yelling abuse to the poor bastard pulling the anchor. Also found it good when traveling at night in a crowded seaway.

Something to think about Scott you will feel like a tank commander.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
    Is there to be stainless pipework forward of the glass?
    Maybe its happening at the same time the grabrails on top are to be fitted?
    Preferably not. There will a dual brace up the inside - at this stage 32mm 3mm wall with a 50mm x 5 or so (maybe 8mm) plate top and bottom about 40cm apart - welded into a rectangular arrangement - not individual posts. You cant see it in the pic but there is a 6mm alloy plate incorporated in the coaming under the foam to tap into and I have bolt holes pre drilled in the lower coaming that go right through the original dash as well. I am also considering coming sideways off the internal uprights close to the top - sort of an overhead grab rail and then tying that in through the roof to the front end of the two side rails on top - the other end getting welded to the rocket launcher with a 3rd leg in the middle. Just ideas at this stage. I'll know more once I have talked to Josh again.
    "I soak the worms in rum. The fish love em and the worms die happy"
    "Alcohol is not the solution to your problems...................but then again, neither is milk"

Quote Originally Posted by brett62 View Post
    I for one is getting use to the sideways photos and just turn the laptop sideways.

Certainly coming along well and I am sure you will miss the salt spray in your face and going all over the electronics. Was never a big fan of hardtops until I got older.

Great on the early morning starts in winter and I don't miss getting to the fishing spot looking like a drowned rat. Have a sunroof in the hardtop and its great for letting cool air in and the helm is raised so you can stick your head out through the top for yelling abuse to the poor bastard pulling the anchor. Also found it good when traveling at night in a crowded seaway.

Something to think about Scott you will feel like a tank commander.
    After having unlimited use of the Trymax Senator 6.8, It was only a matter of time before I ended up with a hardtop. The last couple of trips I had prior to starting this exercise either involved rain or a lot of spray or both....and leaking zips SUUUUUUUUUUCK. I am so looking forward to the first big spray of salt across the screen or first big down pour offshore.
    "I soak the worms in rum. The fish love em and the worms die happy"
    "Alcohol is not the solution to your problems...................but then again, neither is milk"