Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Seafarer Victory - Hardtop conversion.

Re: Seafarer Victory - Hardtop conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Attachment 118588Attachment 118589

In keeping with the sideways theme...…...roof mating roughed in. Glue it to the roof one night this week with any luck and glass nest weekend.
    I for one is getting use to the sideways photos and just turn the laptop sideways.

Certainly coming along well and I am sure you will miss the salt spray in your face and going all over the electronics. Was never a big fan of hardtops until I got older.

Great on the early morning starts in winter and I don't miss getting to the fishing spot looking like a drowned rat. Have a sunroof in the hardtop and its great for letting cool air in and the helm is raised so you can stick your head out through the top for yelling abuse to the poor bastard pulling the anchor. Also found it good when traveling at night in a crowded seaway.

Something to think about Scott you will feel like a tank commander.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
    Is there to be stainless pipework forward of the glass?
    Maybe its happening at the same time the grabrails on top are to be fitted?
    Preferably not. There will a dual brace up the inside - at this stage 32mm 3mm wall with a 50mm x 5 or so (maybe 8mm) plate top and bottom about 40cm apart - welded into a rectangular arrangement - not individual posts. You cant see it in the pic but there is a 6mm alloy plate incorporated in the coaming under the foam to tap into and I have bolt holes pre drilled in the lower coaming that go right through the original dash as well. I am also considering coming sideways off the internal uprights close to the top - sort of an overhead grab rail and then tying that in through the roof to the front end of the two side rails on top - the other end getting welded to the rocket launcher with a 3rd leg in the middle. Just ideas at this stage. I'll know more once I have talked to Josh again.

Quote Originally Posted by brett62 View Post
    I for one is getting use to the sideways photos and just turn the laptop sideways.

Certainly coming along well and I am sure you will miss the salt spray in your face and going all over the electronics. Was never a big fan of hardtops until I got older.

Great on the early morning starts in winter and I don't miss getting to the fishing spot looking like a drowned rat. Have a sunroof in the hardtop and its great for letting cool air in and the helm is raised so you can stick your head out through the top for yelling abuse to the poor bastard pulling the anchor. Also found it good when traveling at night in a crowded seaway.

Something to think about Scott you will feel like a tank commander.
    After having unlimited use of the Trymax Senator 6.8, It was only a matter of time before I ended up with a hardtop. The last couple of trips I had prior to starting this exercise either involved rain or a lot of spray or both...…….and leaking zips SUUUUUUUUUUCK. I am so looking forward to the first big spray of salt across the screen or first big down pour offshore.

20190612_115341.jpg20190612_115408.jpg20190612_115608.jpg

Some new shiny bits courtesy of Josh at Jpschips Stainless. Absolutely love having the roof rails to scarper up the bow. Decided against the dual post front support and just upgraded the post to sched 40 polished stainless with bracing top and bottom. All bolted up it's rock solid - swing off it and the only movement is in the trailer suspension. Now to dismantle it all for paint.

Shit! Wow thats a transformation she looks hot with the hard top def suits it

Great job, got to be pleased with it.
    Snr did a great job on mine before he passed and good to see Jnr is carrying on in the same tradition.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    What could go wrong.......................

Attachment 119649 20190714_161821.jpg

All siliconed up and starting to refit all the gear. Might even get it wet next weekend if I get the dash reassembled .

How did u attach the windscreen to the roof?

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    How did u attach the windscreen to the roof?
    Self tappers through the frame. Inside the glass is a single layer of 9mm ply with aluminium plates glassed in above it for the screws to bite into and plenty of silicone.

Never really did wrap this up. Finished now - or at least finished for now. New rear awning, side curtains behind the glass for a bit more spray protection, new bowsprit and radar fitted. Very happy with it - specially when the loose nut behind the wheel might have been pushing a bit hard running downhill in some reasonable swell / chop and went through the back of one........and stayed bone dry

IMG_20210515_161250_1.jpg

Hey scottar

Looks great, well done.
    Roof rails are a boon to forward travel!

Cheers
    Chimo

PS Looks like they used the same template as on post 141.
    What could go wrong.......................

Scott you will certainly have noticed heading out this time of year for those early fishes being able to hind from the cold somewhat. Certainly has turned out great.

How does the radar perform ?

Looks awesome, great job mate!

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by brett62 View Post
    Scott you will certainly have noticed heading out this time of year for those early fishes being able to hind from the cold somewhat. Certainly has turned out great.

How does the radar perform ?
    Not having to run with the clears down and the resulting change in temperature has been beauuuuutiful.

Very happy with the radar. It's the low radiation solid state Fantum 18 mated with a GPSMAP 952XS. It was never about long distance performance - just clarity at the sort of ranges that are useful for collision avoidance.

Love your work Scott, enjoy the fruits of your labour trust me as you get older you will enjoy these moments with your family greatly.