Classifieds

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 144
  1. #121
    Ausfish Addict Chimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Gold Coast

    Re: Seafarer Victory - Hardtop conversion.

    Now your talking.
    Issues to be addressed; where to mount the genset?
    I guess that will be sorted when you decide how much extra hull to add when you cut the existing one just forward of the existing transom.
    The joys of modifying boats eh?

    Sam was probably closer to the truth than he thought!
    What could go wrong.......................

  2. #122

    Re: Seafarer Victory - Hardtop conversion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
    Now your talking.
    Issues to be addressed; where to mount the genset?
    I guess that will be sorted when you decide how much extra hull to add when you cut the existing one just forward of the existing transom.
    The joys of modifying boats eh?

    Sam was probably closer to the truth than he thought!
    Been there, still doing g that.

  3. #123
    Ausfish Addict Chimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Gold Coast

    Re: Seafarer Victory - Hardtop conversion.

    https://handytechgadgets.com/aircooler/air-conditioner-in-a-tiny-box.html?c1=Australia&cep=420yCCC1gDk-dKowCqJd2GQ2muW8usWXMydh0k-B5iYq3lTGwT64ua05RqU-Jve2H1aggZMPyLAppPxKLvK2QkUqhjQaaCLDjHGEpIXZrLoQtt j4skRzOyzg7FPjST6hE2BTizhtfDR_hCkvLAqpFuriHgb3z6VM tQlCdkq0TT3j69yZxN-xEG1JmeNRrdWCH6YRuq9MyGZ18a3m18qG8EgEat5z0Q7seIWjg kN2RStAFDpE69X4ouSZRuv0nlXvEwtqRdEFButKKDTgpYG1dnO GVNT3D0RwFVkpNCMBnCj4p8S_eflNVgTUpNaNKs0Ita23q9dps sCRatc3WpFts6vlgFHcf0LPV9_Hj-hika5rGjuWCEczJVi1OVF6m1BUkwWl8b6HsGAUepwawqEgF7Fc RCyE1FOp7ZXZu3j1PtH2pBNd6oM48NU5UF950X3MbMqOx8EOAm uF2ZVQ8J-TPP_lCCm7__xACgIkyxlk1-lzMMcK9g_t16qwwQkieZoK_fILQgLxsINQd2-fsckcuGmQSu-SeT-SXMAnxIWLVnSz4eo1ozZWdviZGV7VRuT0SrZHruXBAsLxFPW91 GedT8l55k2toPkpkpJQzkeCwZE&campid=009ab0a62d81e75c 482c940c51bf9aeb8d&creaid=006bd84c6ac001ebc1e8b7d2 4faba7ccc6&atitle=Magic%20Air%20Conditioner%20Take s%20$%7Bcountry%7D$%20By%20Storm.%20The%20Idea%20I s%20Genius&sectionid=00574be39ed87558814d0e91af779 c19fe&pubidx=0003903862849cd31d116ddc63290cf45b&se ctionname=On%20TV%20Tonight&outclickid=v1-b9bc7b5515f54c184a37d50ba482d5ab-0087045a2e684f74b5cb36697d1b5296eb-ge4tqojrme4dkllbgmzdsljugnstcljzg4ydmljrgm2dcy3fmy 4dczrumi
    What could go wrong.......................

  4. #124

    Re: Seafarer Victory - Hardtop conversion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
    https://handytechgadgets.com/aircooler/air-conditioner-in-a-tiny-box.html?


    I'll take two. Already got a computer on board so we are sorted for power.

  5. #125

    Re: Seafarer Victory - Hardtop conversion.

    Scott seen your pics un rotated on FB, that hard top would have added atlease 10k to 15k to your boats value that looks well suited to the boat, mint ride now mate

  6. #126

    Re: Seafarer Victory - Hardtop conversion.

    Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Scott seen your pics un rotated on FB, that hard top would have added atlease 10k to 15k to your boats value that looks well suited to the boat, mint ride now mate
    LOL. I hope so Gazza - it's cost close to ten so far. Sitting down talking to Arnold the fibreglasser about projects like this and adding up the hours etc - if you were to simply walk into a boat builder and say "do this", there is every chance you won't get change from 20K once the labour gets added.

  7. #127
    Ausfish Addict Chimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Gold Coast

    Re: Seafarer Victory - Hardtop conversion.

    They do look good when finished though, and lots cooler under frp compared to sunbrella even without air con.
    Just don't mention what they cost.............
    What could go wrong.......................

  8. #128

    Re: Seafarer Victory - Hardtop conversion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
    They do look good when finished though, and lots cooler under frp compared to sunbrella even without air con.
    Just don't mention what they cost.............
    Especially when the chief accountant from the financial control department is within earshot

  9. #129

    Re: Seafarer Victory - Hardtop conversion.

    10K Wow i never thought that kind of money would be in something so simple, they look easy to build other than the rounded glass, if i were to try to do a hard top for my big boat i think it would be either aluminum and perspex or ply/glass and perspex just to keep it light and cheap

    I was going to say in that earlier post it would have added 15k+ but when u look at it what's your boat worth $35,000? $15,000 hard top $50,000 a hard top boat probably wouldn't be much more brand new

  10. #130

    Re: Seafarer Victory - Hardtop conversion.

    Most 6 metre hard top boats are north of 100k optioned up ready to go these days Gazza. It was something I looked at but to re-option a new boat with what is in this one would have cost a lot more - well more than the financial control department would allow.

  11. #131

    Re: Seafarer Victory - Hardtop conversion.

    looks sensational scott!

    Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

  12. #132

    Re: Seafarer Victory - Hardtop conversion.

    Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Most 6 metre hard top boats are north of 100k optioned up ready to go these days Gazza. It was something I looked at but to re-option a new boat with what is in this one would have cost a lot more - well more than the financial control department would allow.
    Looks absolutely sensational Scott, you'd be right happy with the end result !

    It's the old scenario here, as far as what you've put into it to improve it and make it more comfortable, The question always is,
    How much do I have to spend for a new one, and end up with the same result.
    Exactly why alot of people re-build. When I found out mine had a stuffed transom, floor, stringers and I really needed a 4 stroke,
    I did 180 hours the last year it was on the water, with a 4 cylinder 2 stroke, I needed shares in a servo.
    SO, a new boat, cabable of doing what I wanted to do, would set me back 80K, hence, all up for me on this rebuild, including motor should come in at
    around 35-40k. Of course, they all have to be done with the view that it will be a keeper, otherwise you may be hard pressed to re coup.

    But, as mentioned Scott, beautiful job, it will be a great improvement in comfort for you I'm sure........

    Col

  13. #133

    Re: Seafarer Victory - Hardtop conversion.

    Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    Looks absolutely sensational Scott, you'd be right happy with the end result !

    It's the old scenario here, as far as what you've put into it to improve it and make it more comfortable, The question always is,
    How much do I have to spend for a new one, and end up with the same result.
    Exactly why alot of people re-build. When I found out mine had a stuffed transom, floor, stringers and I really needed a 4 stroke,
    I did 180 hours the last year it was on the water, with a 4 cylinder 2 stroke, I needed shares in a servo.
    SO, a new boat, cabable of doing what I wanted to do, would set me back 80K, hence, all up for me on this rebuild, including motor should come in at
    around 35-40k. Of course, they all have to be done with the view that it will be a keeper, otherwise you may be hard pressed to re coup.

    But, as mentioned Scott, beautiful job, it will be a great improvement in comfort for you I'm sure........

    Col
    Absolutely Col. Sometimes it simply comes down to "I have this much money available" - which was pretty much the case. I had a rough idea but as always with these things, stuff pops up once you get going. Overall, I'm not too far outside my anticipated expenditure. There is also the personal satisfaction from having done it yourself. Short of a lotto win or other significant windfall, this is pretty much a "forever" rig so a bit of coin every so often is par for the course - got to spend it somewhere right .

  14. #134

    Re: Seafarer Victory - Hardtop conversion.

    20190121_060339.jpg20190121_060319.jpg

    In keeping with the sideways theme......roof mating roughed in. Glue it to the roof one night this week with any luck and glass nest weekend.

  15. #135
    Ausfish Addict Chimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Gold Coast

    Re: Seafarer Victory - Hardtop conversion.

    Is there to be stainless pipework forward of the glass?
    Maybe its happening at the same time the grabrails on top are to be fitted?
    What could go wrong.......................

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us