Thread: Flow coating first time

Re: Flow coating first time

personal photos and content deleted

deleted personal photo's an content

photo deleted

Don't have much time for the flexible strip lighting. Seen too much of it stuffed with corrosion. If it's not going to get wet the alloy stuff is better IMO and that is what I run as under gunwale lighting. If it is going to see water, look for some better quality plastic housing style gear IMO.

Most of the eBay lighting is rubbish, lasts about 5 minutes in a boat.

deleted content

Hey Blacklab i am using this paint https://boatcraft.com.au/Shop/index....ndex&cPath=174 its 2 pack water based strange stuff... but it seems to be working, they say to sand it on the orbital with 80 grit it cannot be white or grey sand paper for some strange reason

photos removed

Hey Col maybe try that Abaran Disc i think they are called something like that i think it was Gford who posted about them he said it knocks off the orange peel on the coating quiet easily

yeah not to sure about this water based paint the undercoat came in two tins and u mix fifty percent of each together, the top coat came with one tin of paint and a tiny bottle of hardener, there is next to no fumes but it does have a little smell of like a industrial smell/chemical smell but its very low, paint brush washed out in water easily than into a small container of acetone and it worked well for keeping brushes

paint was thick but watery hard to explain it looks like house paint as in thickness but on the brush it runs and drops off, splashes off everywhere and its translucent but more coats and it turns into a really thick cover that whitens out anything under it

hard to explain it overall lol its weird paint

If you want good stuff - take a look at Hella Marine - not cheap but does have a 5 year warranty.

info deleted

photos deleted

That thin felt looking stuff is usually used to line cabins and the like, not sure how it would go on an exterior wear situation, why didn't you glass the side pockets in and flow coat them? much easier to clean, and you could custom make them to suit you.

personal photos deleted

Col I am sure I have seen what you after either at BCF or Whitworths. Like Noelm said you often see it as cabin lining. I have it in the cabin and under side of the hardtop and it seems to be pretty hardy. I even hit with the gerni without any issues.