Thread: Eating Eel-Tailed Catfish?

Eating Eel-Tailed Catfish?

Heyy guys, recently did a bit of a trip into the hinterlands where we caught a bunch of Eel Tailed Catfish and decided to cook one. We had no cooking utensils with us so we went real rough and cooked the fillets on a rock and uses branches to skewer the fillets. All up it wasn't too bad but we found it to be very bland so we were wondering; how do you guys cook eel tailed catfish, and what seasoning goes well with them, or are they really more of a 'only eat it if you need to' species? The link for the ep is below if anyone wants to check it out.

Re: Eating Eel-Tailed Catfish?

Tandanus Tandanus, IE Eel Tail Catfish. I used to Catch them and eels for my Grandfather . Fried In a pan with a little butter & oil, topped with salt and pepper. Not Coral Trout, but still very good! Like most freshwater fish, depends on the water that they are taken from! Highly rated by the Aquaponic Gardeners along with Jade Perch and Barra!

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

Yep, nice eating. Skin them, flush in fresh water, fillet or just leave on the frame, fry in oilve oil, or your favorite oil (rice bran oil?) or butter.

Better smoked, never liked them any other way.

Best eating freshwater Fish

Redfin for me please.
    What could go wrong.......................