Thread: Coming to a spot near you!!

Ausfish Gold Member ThePinkPanther's Avatar

Coming to a spot near you!!

Yep, courtesy of the Green Nutters around Tin Can Bay I am led to believe!

This sign was erected at the popular tourist and general public usage jetty up there!

It can only get worse under this moronic Government!

Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Coming to a spot near you!!

No problem with it if its a pontoon associated with a launch ramp. It was put there to make it safer for launching and retrieving boats. Overcrowding to watch dolphins or other people in the vicinity of boats coming and going puts more people in potential harms way then necessary.

No problem here either, I get sick of pulling up to pontoons and fools are fishing and cast netting there leaving crap all over the place and not pulling their lines in . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Yep agreed. Its hard especially with bigger boats in the wind to sneak in between other boats etc without worrying about gooses mucking around with nets, swimming etc

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

No problem with it either, in fact our local ramps even have notices asking anglers to pull their lines in, yet they get offended when you want to pull in to the pontoon. Also sick of the local promenade, piers and even bridges crossing creeks here littered with crap from cast netters. I make sure I clean up after myself but there appears to be a lot that just don't care.

Also forgot to mention, it's our boat rego that's paid for the pontoons so we're being very nice letting others use them 😉 although public jetties are another issue, still some sanity should prevail, if not then signage is the final straw.

It will never be policed, people ignore the warnings and a waste of tax payers money. Eg: Bribie bridge.

Policing jetties and piers is always a problem. I noticed on Monday, a public holiday, the parking inspectors were at the Coast Guard ramp here in Caloundra booking cars in trailer spaces. Probably piss off a lot of tourists, just wish they'd do it more often when it's not a PH.

Fishing not on the sign as prohibited? Anglers always seem to be the most pissed off when you try and dock,they simply don't get it.I even had one bloke inform me that 'my ramp was over there'.......next to his floating fishing platform.

Where is the no fishing ?

Looks like a pretty good sign to me .
    Nothing worst than coming into a jetty that is full of people fishing ……. or stepping off on a muddy one left by people cast netting - I've seen someone go ass over tit at Colmslie because of the crap left on the jetty.

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Where is the no fishing ?

Looks like a pretty good sign to me .
    Nothing worst than coming into a jetty that is full of people fishing ……. or stepping off on a muddy one left by people cast netting - I've seen someone go ass over tit at Colmslie because of the crap left on the jetty.

Chris
    Pontoons at Mooloolaba have signs that anglers must pull their lines in for boaties, they often wait till the very last moment not realising that 6 metres past the bow is a prop that is likely to give them the thrill of s lifetime until they understand what's happened then get the ire of the boaties that end up with line around the prop.

Fishing off boat ramp jetties is a common problem, my local ramp is a very popular Squiding spot, and late in the afternoon it's common for a few people fishing there, some wind in, some are just dumbass stupid, and some are rude and have a go at you for interfering with their Squidding, many times I have had someone cast straight across the bow while I am coming in, being old and cranky now, I just keep going, if it's a family fishing, I will try to explain to them what's going on, but, if it's a full on Squid man, I just collect his Squid jig on my prop, I must admit, one time I had quite a chuckle (and a shit fight) I was driving the boat on, and this dill cast straight at the boat (why I don't know) but I wound up his line in the prop, didn't let on I knew I had done it, got the boat on, and my mate drove up the ramp and away up the road, with this guy running behind, screaming at us while getting spooled, my mate made a point of not stopping at the usual place to let me out and get the boat ready to go home, when this guy caught up, red faced and screaming, holding his rod and reel with no line left, and a heap of line dragged along the road, I thought he was going to explode, he let fly with language and a barrage of insults, but my mate and I just went about cleaning the boat, and didn't even look at him, I untangled his line, cut the jig off and tossed it in the boat, that really set him off, I know I shouldn't have, but, it was just one of those days......

I think just about every boatie has spooled a jetty jockey ……. the trouble is when you don't realise it - braid does horrible things to gearbox seals.
    Honestly , I would have no problem with a ban on fishing from boat launching pontoons

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO