Classifieds

nice boat

nice boat

AUS $5,800.00
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1

    88min video boat rescued off botany Bay in Sydney

    88min video of that rescue a few months back, my family and friends play poker with these guys on the boat

    This is why all cavities under my floor will be foam filled and i will be installing deck drains

    Check out joes bilge pump it is pumping hardly nothing and its a 50k boat 7.5m twin honda 135hp the only thing keeping it a float is that pod

    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...hyoU87aq74mj1S

  2. #2

    Re: 88min video boat rescued off botany Bay in Sydney

    Lucky boys.

    What was the problem?

  3. #3

    Re: 88min video boat rescued off botany Bay in Sydney

    price has nothing to do with it
    proper fit out does, just adding a mof hose length can half a pumps output then add voltage drop and under 13v when the engines not running and so on
    a 20mm hole 50cm under water will let more water in then a 2000l pump can pump out

    nothing pumps harder then a man on a sinking boat with a decent manual double action bilge pump.
    my 5.5m cruscraft had
    2000l on a auto switch
    2000l on a manual switch
    and a double action hand pump that could be used from either skipper or passenger seat

  4. #4

    Re: 88min video boat rescued off botany Bay in Sydney

    Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    Lucky boys.

    What was the problem?
    Big crack in the weld on a seam

  5. #5

    Re: 88min video boat rescued off botany Bay in Sydney

    Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    price has nothing to do with it
    proper fit out does, just adding a mof hose length can half a pumps output then add voltage drop and under 13v when the engines not running and so on
    a 20mm hole 50cm under water will let more water in then a 2000l pump can pump out

    nothing pumps harder then a man on a sinking boat with a decent manual double action bilge pump.
    my 5.5m cruscraft had
    2000l on a auto switch
    2000l on a manual switch
    and a double action hand pump that could be used from either skipper or passenger seat
    Price means something when u mention "fit out" because "fit out" comes at a cost and it cost these guys $50,000 where there should have been sufficient bilge pumps fitted to the boat

  6. #6

    Re: 88min video boat rescued off botany Bay in Sydney

    hard work keep bailing , 30 k of engines let down by a $100 bilge, probably should have to install two bilges or have a manual stick pump, its tough but what do you do , how far do you go. in hind sight what could you have done with floatation to save the engines.

  7. #7

    Re: 88min video boat rescued off botany Bay in Sydney

    Thing is with pumps - where do you stop. Doesn't matter what size pump you fit - you can always manage a hole big enough that no pump will keep up with it. Bannana had a transducer come free from the bottom of his last rig - it put 500 litres into the boat in a matter of seconds. The only thing saving it was the fact the water was contained between bulkheads. No pump that could ever be fitted to a trailer boat would stand a snowballs chance in hell of keeping up. Sometimes shit happens. That's why you have comprehensive insurance.
    "I soak the worms in rum. The fish love em and the worms die happy"
    "Alcohol is not the solution to your problems...................but then again, neither is milk"

  8. #8

    Re: 88min video boat rescued off botany Bay in Sydney

    I'll get the link to the other video later in the day, the split seam looked 3-4 inches, maritime had passed the a petrol pump in the above video but the must have left the fuel turned off of the choke on for to long as the pump started than stalled had they kep the pump running they would have kept the engines above water, the pump was passed to them while the boat was still powered by the hondas but i can only assume they later hydro locked both engines
    There are a very few close calls where either back corner of the boat almost submerges with 2-3cm above the water these guys were so lucky

  9. #9

    Re: 88min video boat rescued off botany Bay in Sydney


  10. #10

    Re: 88min video boat rescued off botany Bay in Sydney

    Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Thing is with pumps - where do you stop. Doesn't matter what size pump you fit - you can always manage a hole big enough that no pump will keep up with it. Bannana had a transducer come free from the bottom of his last rig - it put 500 litres into the boat in a matter of seconds. The only thing saving it was the fact the water was contained between bulkheads. No pump that could ever be fitted to a trailer boat would stand a snowballs chance in hell of keeping up. Sometimes shit happens. That's why you have comprehensive insurance.
    I thought it was because bannana kept yelling at Moejoes to bail faster

  11. #11

    Re: 88min video boat rescued off botany Bay in Sydney

    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    I thought it was because bannana kept yelling at Moejoes to bail faster
    That's why with that in mind I canned going on Mojoes maiden voyage this weekend. 😂😂😂.

  12. #12

    Re: 88min video boat rescued off botany Bay in Sydney

    Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    That's why with that in mind I canned going on Mojoes maiden voyage this weekend. .
    Nah, its all good Sam, I have intel Moejoes bought bigger buckets

  13. #13

    Re: 88min video boat rescued off botany Bay in Sydney

    Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    That's why with that in mind I canned going on Mojoes maiden voyage this weekend. .
    She's all good now Sam. Oversaw the design and installation of the new transducer tanks personally. If they pop out now, there will be no need for a bucket....can't say the same for lifejackets though
    "I soak the worms in rum. The fish love em and the worms die happy"
    "Alcohol is not the solution to your problems...................but then again, neither is milk"

  14. #14

    Re: 88min video boat rescued off botany Bay in Sydney

    Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    She's all good now Sam. Oversaw the design and installation of the new transducer tanks personally. If they pop out now, there will be no need for a bucket....can't say the same for lifejackets though
    Ah! I might defy doctors orders yet but knowing Mojoes he'll invoke the weather gods again and she'll blow a storm again.⚡

  15. #15

    Re: 88min video boat rescued off botany Bay in Sydney

    Dig u can borrow my arm floats

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us