Thread: Shimano TLD25 handle

Shimano TLD25 handle

I got a TLD25 off a mate that didn't use it to take on the work boat when I go away. Thing is it's got a smaller handle then standard. He says it's an upgraded one, but its shit. We catch some pretty big stuff and its such a pain in the ass to reel in.
    Anyone know where to get a bigger handle? One of the T-bar style?
    Found a bunch online, some on Ebay for $90+, some in the US for about $70.....
    Anywhere reasonably local and reasonably priced?

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app

Re: Shimano TLD25 handle

I changed mine out for a Tyrnos handle. Much better. Just got lucky and my local tackle shop had a second hand one in stock.
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

Try Bluebottle

John pope rod builder in Scarborough did up 2x off for me. Bigger handles and upgraded drag.
    ...A bad days fishing is always better than a good days working...

Cheers.
    You have a number for john pope?
    I checked out bluebottle. They've got good handles, decent price too. Might be the go otherwise....
    Wouldn't mind a longer handle too though.

Quote Originally Posted by gford001 View Post
    Cheers.
    You have a number for john pope?
    I checked out bluebottle. They've got good handles, decent price too. Might be the go otherwise....
    Wouldn't mind a longer handle too though.

I've used T bars from Bluebottle and made the rest from stainless myself. The one on my Tyrnos is near on 150mm long. The Tyrnos handle then went on the TLD. Takes a bit of time with a small file set but worth it in the end. Just need to remember to watch the drag settings at the risk of stripping gears with the extra leverage.

John Pope, 3203 4877
    ...A bad days fishing is always better than a good days working...

Ebay have a look theres some good ones on there. I just bought an aluminum billet knob for my stradic nice bit of gear it replaces the rubber deteriorating one, haven't fitted it yet!

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

I have a couple of longer TLD handles in my shed, one is quite long CNC cut stainless with alvey style knob. They are surplus to requirements, PM me if interested and I will take photo send to you then maybe we can do a deal.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    I have a couple of longer TLD handles in my shed, one is quite long CNC cut stainless with alvey style knob. They are surplus to requirements, PM me if interested and I will take photo send to you then maybe we can do a deal.
    Knew I should've checked this again before I ordered one in from the states......
    Bit the bullet and ordered a T-grip and longer handle just now.....