Thread: Lifestyle Tri Hulled Boat

Lifestyle Tri Hulled Boat

I’ve seen a string of posts on this forum about theLifestyle Boats. The Posts are quite negative about the performance of the hullshape etc, & I wanted to refute them as an owner of one of Chris’s boats.

I have been guiding out of Chris’s boats for nearly 15 years& I personally think the comments made on the Forum are about another boat& the guys have confused Chris’s Lifestyle Boat hull with anothermanufacturer’s hull. The comments made as far as I can make out are fromanglers who have never owned one or it sounds as if they have notgot many rough sea hours up in different hulls to compare & make comment.

I am on my 4th outboard on my 6.8Mtr LifestyleBoat & I wouldn’t swap this hull for any other hull on the market. It’s avery fuel efficient hull (very important if you’re a commercial operator orjust watching the budget it’s very dry even in the roughest of conditions (very important for me as my version is a Centre Console & it’s chartervessel) the stability when side on to the swell is awesome (extremelyimportant - when a Fly Angler has to make a cast he cannot hang on as one handholds the rods , the other hand holds the line)

I have been a Commercial Skid Boat Fisherman most of my life& guided Offshore Saltwater Fly Anglers from my base on the Sunshine Coast,Tie’n’Fly Outfitters, for over 20 years in a variety of hull shapes including15years in a Lifestyle Boat & in some very rough conditions. So, with thatin mind I feel, I am able to comment on the Lifestyle Boats. My opinion is thatthe Lifestyle hull is the best inshore/offshore hull on the market today. In 15yrs,I have never had any anglers that have fished out of the Lifestyle boat paint anegative picture about the performance of the hull. Gavin Platz

Here is a link to a video showing my boat:

Re: Lifestyle Tri Hulled Boat

i didnt know there were negative remarks on this boat, i tell you what i was seriouslly looking at buying one a couple years ago, looks the goods, the video showing the hull taking side on breakers was impressive in the "mock break down scenario" i would of bought one but went a sharkcat instead, but honestly they look well finished and thought has gone in to the design, big thumbs up for me.