Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sea Deck or Aquadeck

Re: Sea Deck or Aquadeck

We are the vic cutters and agents for UDEK by ultralon. a kiwi company now owned by Gulf rubber. its PE foam based flooring. we have been with seadeck, our own melors brand and used just about every other kind there is . the reason we wanted to go with ultralon Udek was for that reduced shrinkage and wear reistances

When we used EVA based foam we had to design in a certain way to avoid butt joins, as the product would shrink a few mm over time and cause gaps to stand out. it also lifted in corners after exposed to sun.

Here is a few of the boats done recently.
    check out this video also.
    https://www.facebook.com/reflexmarin...4606018919771/

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

Thanks Moose, one I hadn't found in my searches, looks like they do a U-Dot which look the goods. This looks like a lower profile dot which should be more comfortable, you don't happen to know the weight per Sq metre by any chance, it's not on their website.

[QUOTE=Dignity;1647367]Col, the colour was steel grey although on the Web it does look a bit brown, it does need a proprietary glue unlike Sea Dek which has a sticky back. Banana put that down in 2014, I was on board last week and there is no indication of it lifting or wearing, it was just a fraction lighter than the sample I had. I might just have to get used to wearing footwear, after all I think I'm about the only one who goes barefoot in my boat.

Distributed by Comcork, if your interested I'll give you the details of ghe lovely young lady I've been dealing with, she is very helpful. I have a sample you can have, whereabouts are you.

Thanks Dignity, you've been a great help, some good options there to look at.
    I'm in Melbourne.
    I might continue with my flow coating and fitting out, including a full re wire, so I'm a wee bit off needing flooring. I've swapped out the old pedestal seating for new fibre glass seat boxes and nice new Comfortable seats, So i'll get that all sorted then make a decision on what to put on the floor.
    Interesting how many others are mulling over the same issue, so been an interesting topic.
    Thanks Dignity

Col

Col, chocolateMoose just opened up another option

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Brett 3 sheets plus adhesive delivered is around $630 from memory, trying to find the quote but cheaper if you pick up from the Gold Coast direct, other colours could be dearer if it has to come from Melbourne. If you want more info send me a PM.
    Reckon you could send the details to me too? Gonna need flooring when I'm done on my build too.....

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app

IMG_0095.jpgIMG_0103.jpgIMG_0104.jpg
    I have looked at so many of this flooring options and decided to go with Sea Deck. It was so good, felt so nice under feet looked so good too.
    if i ever going to do again will go with Sea Deck .

It's also very easy to clean and worth every cent.

here is some photos before and after

that sea deck is tip top. i wouldnt mind having that, looks the business.

Hey Sam do you know of anyone here on the sunshine coast that measures up and makes templates for the flooring to send to someone like “machine it” or other companies to have it cnc cut, I recently painted the floor with kiwigrip and I’m not happy with it as it’s bloody hard to keep clean!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyfuzz View Post
    Hey Sam do you know of anyone here on the sunshine coast that measures up and makes templates for the flooring to send to someone like “machine it” or other companies to have it cnc cut, I recently painted the floor with kiwigrip and I’m not happy with it as it’s bloody hard to keep clean!

There is a guy in the next street behind Al's that actually does it, check with him.

The yanks have been using this stuff for years. I hear conflicting reports on how easy it is to clean. Some say easy and others bitch about it. I’m really keen to try it out on my next boat. It feels good under foot.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

It seems every product has its ups and downs

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyfuzz View Post

I have used this guys, if any help to you .
    Job was 5

https://www.maritimecc.com.au ask for Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    It seems every product has its ups and downs
    Especially roller coasters.

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MyWay View Post
    I have used this guys, if any help to you .
    Job was 5

https://www.maritimecc.com.au ask for Adrian
    Ooh, soon as I see the words CAD, SCANS, DRAFTING, ROUTER CUTTING - I immediately see $, $, $. They look great but I'm after something that basically does its job on a working boat. It used to be a family/fishing boat but now primarily fishing.

yeah a full on job isnt c heap... it really does vary from boat to boat. but. roughly 700 per sheet for a full template. cad, cut and install. each sheet is 2x1........you can buy straight sheeting and have a crack yourself howver

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au