Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sea Deck or Aquadeck

Re: Sea Deck or Aquadeck

Good thread. I'm mid-rebuild and wondering what to put down on the floor too. Theres some EVA foam on Ebay looks ok. Was leaning towards that. Decently priced and should look ok I reckon. Some with fake teak decking pattern, but i found some solid color ones, which i prefer

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app

I personally would avoid anything eva or rubberised.
    Mate used velcro to keep his carpet in place, works well and you can remove the carpet easily for a water blast when you want.
    Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by BigE View Post
    it's easy to clean and drains well, but i hate fishing in shoes.

BigE
    Just got to make sure you run the bottom tubes fore and aft otherwise it won't drain, saw it once, the bloke had only just installed it, when I asked him why it was because when worked out the layout he could buy less material. Once he realised his error he just shook his head and said he'd see how it went.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    Hi Dignity, I think you said you were barefoot most of the time, that in it self would make the choice harder I suppose, I always have foot ware on so no issue there for me.
    I don't want to glue anything down, so that tube matting may well be good. I know there is another one, similar in style, but much more heavier duty with more a square profile, but its about 15mm in height. I do have one issue, the set up with my S/S rocket launcher, has me just clearing it while walking underneath, just the way my launcher is styled and how it fits. That standard tube stuff, I think the Down rigger shop guy imported heaps of it and sells it for half the price Clarke Rubber and the likes sell it for, he has a web site, The down rigger shop or something similar, I bought one of his aluminium down riggers a few years back, good product.
    I think I will probably go with that type of tube matting, sounds easy to roll up and remove and should be pretty slip proof and easy to fit, I believe they just wire tie it together as the widths are only 900 or 1200 or so.
    I like the look of some of those design type pattern ones, but might be a bit to flash for my fishing rig ......

Col
    Col, here is a link to Banana doing a refurb on his (then) Noosa Cat, there's pics of the flooring in there, easy as pie to wash down, very low profile but you do need to wear shoes,
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...ns-Thanks-Todd

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    I personally would avoid anything eva or rubberised.
    Mate used velcro to keep his carpet in place, works well and you can remove the carpet easily for a water blast when you want.
    Why not EVA, Sea Dek is PE/EVA based and is used on multi million dollar boats.

Dignity, that stuff does look good on Bananas boat. bit hard to see it in detail, What is the name of the stuff he used ? It looks as if it's a glue down type.
    There's quite a few products on the market now to chose from, i must admit.
    I guess I'll pull the trigger soon, I was liking the idea of not gluing something down like the old stinky carpet that was there, realistically, like a mate has done, he has used domes in the floor so he can unclip the carpet when needed,, I suppose after a new transom, stringers floor etc, there's no way I'm going to put a hole in it for clips, velcro is an option I suppose, but I'm just So over carpet. I've just flow coated the new floor a grey plain colour and am in the process at the minute of doing the same to the inside sides as well, just waiting for the weather to pick up a bit, still getting some cold days down here in Melbourne, So I guess I may well look at lining the sides as well, was thinking of that felt type carpet I saw somewhere advertised. Still lots to do.
    I look forward to your decision Dignity and of course some photo's, you shall be the guinea pig ! LOL
    But it is something that you do put thought into, with all the options etc.

Cheers
    Col

The Gull Wing that i had was fitted with good quality marine carpet in 4 pieces & held in with pres studs, It was great just pull it out hose it off hang it on the fence to dry clip it back in ready to go again

It’s nice to have something under your feet. I had carpet in my old boat and yes gets smelly from time time.

The new boat had a bare floor and went through the exercise of what to put on the floor. Carpet glued or Velcro was not considered.

In the end I bought rubber backed mates the size I wanted from Clarke rubber and put them on the deck where I wanted them. Easy to take out and wash down.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

guess we are all talking about glass floors here ,but i was considering seadeck or similar for my alum checker plate floor ,has anyone used it on aluminum ,i was worried about corrosion from a buildup of salt with the space between the checker plate and seadeck..

Hi SJP, I have it on my aluminium floor but I have flat sheet only. I think you would probably struggle to get it to stay glued down on the edges with chequer? The adhesive is extremely strong when in full contact but I don’t think it would hold so well without full contact. The corrosion may well also be an issue as you say.

Cheers
    Lee

The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    Dignity, that stuff does look good on Bananas boat. bit hard to see it in detail, What is the name of the stuff he used ? It looks as if it's a glue down type.
    There's quite a few products on the market now to chose from, i must admit.
    I guess I'll pull the trigger soon, I was liking the idea of not gluing something down like the old stinky carpet that was there, realistically, like a mate has done, he has used domes in the floor so he can unclip the carpet when needed,, I suppose after a new transom, stringers floor etc, there's no way I'm going to put a hole in it for clips, velcro is an option I suppose, but I'm just So over carpet. I've just flow coated the new floor a grey plain colour and am in the process at the minute of doing the same to the inside sides as well, just waiting for the weather to pick up a bit, still getting some cold days down here in Melbourne, So I guess I may well look at lining the sides as well, was thinking of that felt type carpet I saw somewhere advertised. Still lots to do.
    I look forward to your decision Dignity and of course some photo's, you shall be the guinea pig ! LOL
    But it is something that you do put thought into, with all the options etc.

Cheers
    Col
    Col, the colour was steel grey although on the Web it does look a bit brown, it does need a proprietary glue unlike Sea Dek which has a sticky back. Banana put that down in 2014, I was on board last week and there is no indication of it lifting or wearing, it was just a fraction lighter than the sample I had. I might just have to get used to wearing footwear, after all I think I'm about the only one who goes barefoot in my boat.

Distributed by Comcork, if your interested I'll give you the details of ghe lovely young lady I've been dealing with, she is very helpful. I have a sample you can have, whereabouts are you.

http://www.safetyflooring.com.au/aquadeck/

Quote Originally Posted by shakey55 View Post
    It’s nice to have something under your feet. I had carpet in my old boat and yes gets smelly from time time.

The new boat had a bare floor and went through the exercise of what to put on the floor. Carpet glued or Velcro was not considered.

In the end I bought rubber backed mates the size I wanted from Clarke rubber and put them on the deck where I wanted them. Easy to take out and wash down.

I tried that but found when leaning over the side they could give way, nearly lost one of my crew overboard like that. I did look at ute tray liner but the weight did put me off. I did find a soft light weight mat in the reject shop but it slid around, I did have plenty of artificial carpet glue that was going to go off eventually so I put that on the base, used a tile glue spreader to puts some ribs in it, tried to get plenty of opposing directions in it, let it dry out. Very light, easy to wash down at sea, pulled up as it wasnt stuck down but eventually it moved as the dried out adhesive flattened and lost its grip. If I could get it in any colour oher than black I'd be putting that in as it was very soft underfoot.

Quote Originally Posted by sjp2 View Post
    guess we are all talking about glass floors here ,but i was considering seadeck or similar for my alum checker plate floor ,has anyone used it on aluminum ,i was worried about corrosion from a buildup of salt with the space between the checker plate and seadeck..
    Sea Dek has a self adhesive backing and if you clean your deck first you won't get any build up beneath it. In fact you need a heat gun and some decent muscles to lift once on. I do like it but the higher profile doesn't suit my application.

Oops, just reread your post and you have checker plate, that's a whole new kettle of fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Col, the colour was steel grey although on the Web it does look a bit brown, it does need a proprietary glue unlike Sea Dek which has a sticky back. Banana put that down in 2014, I was on board last week and there is no indication of it lifting or wearing, it was just a fraction lighter than the sample I had. I might just have to get used to wearing footwear, after all I think I'm about the only one who goes barefoot in my boat.

Distributed by Comcork, if your interested I'll give you the details of ghe lovely young lady I've been dealing with, she is very helpful. I have a sample you can have, whereabouts are you.

http://www.safetyflooring.com.au/aquadeck/
    Sam this looks interesting. What is the cost ?

Brett 3 sheets plus adhesive delivered is around $630 from memory, trying to find the quote but cheaper if you pick up from the Gold Coast direct, other colours could be dearer if it has to come from Melbourne. If you want more info send me a PM.