Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A cautionary tale about keeping a good lookout.

Re: A cautionary tale about keeping a good lookout.

Fishing some of the deeper marks outside Tempest coincides with the steaming track for the big boys. I've had them let loose on the PA at me a couple of times, sometimes even in colourful English. At least they were watching!
    nil carborundum illegitimi

Quote Originally Posted by TREVELLY View Post
    45kph in 700m deep water on the shelf - nah not a 350m long super fast dredge or trawler :-)

I got up as I had over 100 garfish next to the boat going troppo otherwise I would never have seen the ship until it ran me over.
    Approaching dead on they are fast and silent.
    So that's where I'm going wrong trying to get my supply of garfish, I need to head out to the shelf with my cast net.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    So that's where I'm going wrong trying to get my supply of garfish, I need to head out to the shelf with my cast net.
    Oh bugger I have given away my top secret garfishing spot
    Cheers

Trev

Trev it's likely what u were there for so was the trawler and since u were lit up like the man on the moon why not mow down all the fish under your lights lol u basically just helped the trawler guy out

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Trev it's likely what u were there for so was the trawler and since u were lit up like the man on the moon why not mow down all the fish under your lights lol u basically just helped the trawler guy out
    You know Gaz I did check where that trawler was and the Super Trawler was in Vic at the time and it is only 100m long - tiny compared to a 300+m ship - but yeah it crossed my mind at the time. Woulda cleaned up all the garfish - a couple of hundred garfish would have made them rich LOL
    Cheers

Trev

Hope u were not eating mushrooms that night Trev