Thread: Vibe trebbles

Vibe trebbles

Best size trebbles for 75mm and 115 mm Vibes , just the one or leave both front nback??.
    Cheers

Re: Vibe trebbles

75mm vibe trebles get replaced with #4 gamakatsu singles.
    115mm vibe trebles get replaced with #1 gamakatsu singles.
    Jack.

Reason for the ask is I had a few vibes in ye ole tacklebox , after landing some nice Blue Salmon with baits I decided to give these vibes a try see if they were as good as the raps they have been given .
    Four drops n four nice big salmon but each fish after comming to the surface has a little leap and out come the hooks !!!.
    Thought the hooks may have been a tad small ??, they look a smidgeon smaller than No. 4 trebbles ??.
    You reckon go the singles n not trebbles ey ??.

I change all of mine to either doubles or singles,mostly single these days Trebles are a pain to remove plus lose too many fish on them, even flatties don't seem to hook up on trebles as well ss singles. These days you can buy the lures without hooks.

Dignity what type of single hooks do you use? Stainless steel (ss)? Wouldn’t they be too big for the 70mm vibes? I often use the small Zerek fish traps and have caught quite a few legal school Jew and flatties on them and I agree the flatties are often difficult to keep on a treble esp when the bite is timid

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Dignity what type of single hooks do you use? Stainless steel (ss)? Wouldn’t they be too big for the 70mm vibes? I often use the small Zerek fish traps and have caught quite a few legal school Jew and flatties on them and I agree the flatties are often difficult to keep on a treble esp when the bite is timid
    Franco, you need inline hooks these have a larger eye to accept a split ring and it is in line with the hook, not at 90°, look for VMC brand style ILS or Owners 4101-1xx the number 1xx denotes hooks ie r.g. 101 is #1, 111 is 1/0. The inline hooks come in all sizes from the smallest to the largest. Mustard also make them but in the larger sizes you are after but I use VMC ILS Wide Gap, Xtra strong in larger lures where I can but Oweer in the small vibes. Oddly enough the Owner hook sizes are usually 1 size smaller than the VMC so I'd be sure what you want especially if ordering online,.

Thanks heaps for the info Mate might try that out. Who knows might convert as well in the longer term. Must admit I’m a bit skeptical after trialling singles for flatty trolling - but vibes are a different story. Angle of pull / strike and swim of lure is all different. Just thinking 2 normal hooks offset at different sides may be worth a try (ie one angled to the right and one to the left) - have you tried that by any chance? Might increase hook up but not sure how it would “vibe” on he lift.

Might try it in the pool

Was given a Twitching Lure today , didnt really want it but thought it rude to nock back a gift so charged it up and put it in a handy spot next time I wet the boat .
    Anyone tried these or are they a gimmick ???.