Thread: fine amount.??

Ausfish Silver Member

fine amount.??

anyone had or know someone whos had a fine for boating without a licence.? recently.?? like how much it was and or if they take points etc.??
    ill be somewhere up the creek, happy trails..

Re: fine amount.??

http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/maritime/s...penalties.html

In nsw its $250 unless you stay below 10 knots

Every now and then the water police patrol the Pumistone Passage and if you don't have one I would expect you get a fine. Don't know how much but would expect $'s and points included. Why the question, not hard to get one for bugger all $'s

once i saw a sad faced man come back early to the ramp, overheard him say how he got done for $660 in fines, licence plus something else not sure what, but he didnt even make it out of the entrance. Sad

Nsw u dont need a license if under 10 knots or 18kph my mates use this all the time we get pulled up because of it tho they flag us but i have a full license not my boat tho i will step forward if my mates cant drive for whatever reason, i went out one time by my self got nailed by a maritime officer for no life jacket fishing solo $250 fine the officer drilled me over everything but let me off for no rego stickers i explained i had just bought the boat and went thru the whole boat coding was just eager to be on the water, he wanted serial number off motor hull serial number hull bin everything he was on a jetski and this was all while out in the middle of botany bay

Ausfish Silver Member

thanks for the replies lads, yeah was gonna take a quick run in pumistone, i know its wise to get licence but i finally got my boat set up with better motor all gear etc and just want to go for a run, i literally done a budget from now up until new year and i literally dont have the bloody $250 for test and licence, im strapped for cash atm, i know its stupid to risk it but i just wana go for a run up the passage.....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by up the creek View Post
    thanks for the replies lads, yeah was gonna take a quick run in pumistone, i know its wise to get licence but i finally got my boat set up with better motor all gear etc and just want to go for a run, i literally done a budget from now up until new year and i literally dont have the bloody $250 for test and licence, im strapped for cash atm, i know its stupid to risk it but i just wana go for a run up the passage.....
    Ask a licensed person to go with you. Put a post up here to see if someone can help out if you don't know anyone with a license or they aren't available.

Heaven forbid you have an accident and hurt someone you are not insured etc.

Also I got my license at Caloundra a few years and it cost $140 if I recall (Just checked website, it's $150 )

https://book.abcboating.com/Courses/Online?id=13&a=

Ask a licensed person to go with you. Put a post up here to see if someone can help out if you don't know anyone with a license or they aren't available.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by inveratta View Post
    ask a licensed person to go with you. Put a post up here to see if someone can help out if you don't know anyone with a license or they aren't available.

As funchy said the costs involved if you have an accident will make that $250 cost look pretty good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Ausfish Silver Member

yeah ur right lads and the ,missus slapped me up a bit about not going out and being patient, she help me with the budget and found some money in the next few weeks, and yes i dont want to hurt any1 etc so ill get my licence soon b4 going cruising.....

Mate
    If you want to do a run,give me a ring.
    I am at Morayfield
    Shawn Ireland