Thread: somerset dam

somerset dam

is it right that they are not releasing any more yellow belly fingerlings into somerset dam any more
    cheers snap

Re: somerset dam

Quote Originally Posted by 39NESP View Post
    is it right that they are not releasing any more yellow belly fingerlings into somerset dam any more
    cheers snap
    Would be very interested where you received this info mate as we are out there most weekends.
    PS Not doubting you , just very curious.
    Shawn

Aussiebasser may know send him a PM.
    Cheers
    Ray

hi shawn
    the guy camping out here said the guy at the tackle van here told him

hi ray
    how do i find him to pm him
    cheers snap

he is a forum member. In the meantime
    Incorrect according to farcebook. This post from this year about next years fingerling order.
    Somerset & Wivenhoe Fish Stocking Assn
    July 19 ·

Hi Everyone,

At the meeting held on Tuesday evening, the Committee decided on the following allocation of SIP Funds for Lakes Somerset and Wivenhoe.

Lake Somerset

Bass $36467.40

Golden Perch $24311.69

Mary R Cod $6875.00 (Carryover from 2017)

Total $67654.09

Lake Wivenhoe

Bass $32933.73

Golden Perch $14114.45

Mary R Cod $3583.00 (Carryover from 2017)

Total $50631.18

Total Funds $118285.27

SIP Allocation 2018/19

Lake Somerset $60779.09

Lake Wivenhoe $47048.18

Lake Somerset (from 2017) $6875.00

Lake Wivenhoe (from 2017) $3583.00

Total $118285.27
    Cheers
    Ray

thanks ray that is good news and good work on your behalf
    cheers snap

complete & utter bullshit rumour.

However, the stocking group are considering exiting the SIP program due to the gerrymander system where funds are siphoned away from Somerset to prop up small & remote locations. That being the case it will be back to donations & chook raffles to fund the restocking of Somerset BUT no SIP will be needed to fish there if the above comes to pass.
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

The problem with the recent addition of dams and weirs to the SIP is that very little enforcement is made to make certain anglers fishing those locations have paid for a SIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
    complete & utter bullshit rumour.

However, the stocking group are considering exiting the SIP program due to the gerrymander system where funds are siphoned away from Somerset to prop up small & remote locations. That being the case it will be back to donations & chook raffles to fund the restocking of Somerset BUT no SIP will be needed to fish there if the above comes to pass.
    Thanks for that clarification.
    As I am an old bastard, my memory is not what it used to be, however I thought when you renewed your SIP, you could nominate where you wished the funding to be used?
    Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    The problem with the recent addition of dams and weirs to the SIP is that very little enforcement is made to make certain anglers fishing those locations have paid for a SIP.
    Excellent point.
    Cannot remember the last time I was required to show evidence of compliance.
    Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn 66 View Post
    Thanks for that clarification.
    As I am an old bastard, my memory is not what it used to be, however I thought when you renewed your SIP, you could nominate where you wished the funding to be used?
    Shawn
    That was the case, the idiots did away with the ability to nominate where your funds go.....
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au