Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: E-Tec, Optimax, 4 Stroke? Looking at 115hp range

Re: E-Tec, Optimax, 4 Stroke? Looking at 115hp range

How did you go, get the new power head yet?

Not yet i will be picking it up today a little worried about getting it wet on the way home

just checked my email and i had a nice sum of cash in my paypal account someone from a island off of France bought my EMM from the Etec now in 3 or 4 weeks of selling Etec parts i have recovered my initial $1500 purchase amount and still a heap of parts to sell, surprised i still have the gearbox

Isn't the gearbox a counter rotation? kind of makes it less common if it is, wonder why someone way over there wants the ECU?

Yeah its counter rotate and XL shaft maybe why its not selling, i only sold the emm for $400 i had it listed on worldwide ebay as i knew it would be hard to sell in aus glad i found a buyer

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Yeah its counter rotate and XL shaft maybe why its not selling, i only sold the emm for $400 i had it listed on worldwide ebay as i knew it would be hard to sell in aus glad i found a buyer
    you might need the that money to buy a new emm for your engine. i got banged up when the engine blew up, so no guarantee it will work!

Errics yeah possibly i will try the old computer first as the board was untouched just the back casing was dented which just covers a void it never dented in far enough to touch the circuit board but i donno maybe the shock even could have done damage

i just picked up the powerhead the crate is 4 thin plywood walls on a pallet fun times that thing is going to be heavy!

the powerhead came from a marine shop in VIC sent up to Darwin now to Sydney the box displays 200 hours

that's lucky then.
    i think you mentioned it still has the flywheel on it. if so, weld an eye onto a flywheel puller centre bolt and use the engine hoist to lift it on!

Ganna have to use brute force mate because the hoist and stand is being used for the engine what i'll do is i'll order the powerhead gasket once that arrives i will ask my cousin to come around and lend a hand just to pop the old powerhead off and put the new one on should be ok 2 of us carrying it from the trailer to stand failing that i'll ask my older brother to help

forgot to mention when i called BHF couriers this morning i asked if i would get slugged a few for the excess weight the lady just said since its a depot pick up there wouldn't be any excess fee's lucky there as i calculated the extra to be $130

Anyone reconise the shop it came from? reputable dealer?

Never heard of them, but it does say it was "ex" someone's name, you might be able to google/Facebook/white pages him??

It's kind of mysterious why a good powerhead has been changed, unless it failed , they replaced it, then they fixed it?

I think Marine Power has gotten a trade in with a bummed gearbox and good powerhead so they parted out the engine, it would be hard to find a gearbox for this model second hand

that isjust my theory

Greg Imlay must be the bloke i bought it off his on FB holding up a fish and is from Darwin i was given the name of a car yard for pickup no personal name

Is there any sort of guarantee that it's OK? be a bummer if he got it, swapped it out for his shit one, boxed his old one up and flogged it off as good, not suggesting that has happened.

I've already had that thought Noel i paid with paypal so i think i have weeks to make any claims but it will be pass that time i think before i can do a compression check