Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: E-Tec, Optimax, 4 Stroke? Looking at 115hp range

Re: E-Tec, Optimax, 4 Stroke? Looking at 115hp range

So far so good need to weld the other broken part next than i need to use a die grinder to clean all the inside up

Powerhead going on tomorrow guys its the soonest my cousin could help, not sure about the starter when that will be ready trying to find a local shop with die grinder bits for the inside of the starter motor also low on argon 600psi left in cylinder plus car broke down and rego is due so a little low on cash, no work on boat yet due to low on funds but should be sorted in a week or two than i'll get crankin on boat again once i can get another 24litres of resin and need to order a fair bit of fumed silica

here's a picture of the penetration on that starter

Have you tried the wreckers for a second hand starter?

If you manage to get the starter working, it will probably be OK for the interim to get the test motor, but i would consider a proper replacement down the track for reliability !

I have only looked on Ebay there are second hand starters but i would rather use mine if i have to go second hand, new aftermarket are $290 $300 but those are a 3 week wait and i don't have the cash yet, i would suspect a local wreckers would want a fair amount for a starter

yeah it will be replaced i mostly want it fixed now to do the compression test on the new powerhead

I'll grab this one when i have the cash https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12V-O-B-...0AAOSwXq5ccCUN

new or second hand out of the US both cost close to $300

so far to repair this starter i am in it about 1 hours work but with the fluffing around with welders i am in it a few hours at lease

Hey guys taking a bit longer than expected to swap over the powerhead the other day i grabbed the air hose out of the shed leading to the air compressor and the PVC hose snapped in 3 locations and was to short to bodge to reach the outboard than i had a major crap fight with the hose fitting it was just a frustrating time compressor was playing up i only today got the compressor and hose sorted so now i can vacuum blast out the broken engine pieces from the sump, my cousin has been a little busy too he was planning on coming over sat than sun but no availability understandable when u have 8 kids

i did have a chance to use the compressor before the hose snapped i picked up a Ryobi pneumatic air die grinder and had a whizz at the starter worked great but not the prettiest thing because i welded from the outside to the inside it looks like shit i can do a final weld and touch it up but i think it will do as is its only for a compression test and possible initial starting of the engine

still need to weld the other side and die grind it back too so more pics... will try get everything organised to do the powerhead as soon as i can i know it is dragging out but nothing is panning out

strangely enough there wasanother guy online seeing my starter motor rebuild and said he may have a starter to fit but needed both my leg and powerhead serial number why on earth are they following me around the internet? every tom, dick and harry wants my serial numbers its really pissing me off

to check the starter will fit

or people are just ####ing with you because you post too much information thats not relevant to the build

I'll post whatever i feel like posting sweet heart

then put up with the crap you cop

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    to check the starter will fit

or people are just ####ing with you because you post too much information thats not relevant to the build
    FFS Mate, give it a fricken rest Bud.........

strangely enough there wasanother guy online seeing my starter motor rebuild and said he may have a starter to fit but needed both my leg and powerhead serial number why on earth are they following me around the internet? every tom, dick and harry wants my serial numbers its really pissing me off[/QUOTE]

May be they had a motor stolen and just checking if its there's.

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    then put up with the crap you cop
    Were you a bully at school, then stopped growin Bud ???
    Just don't post if ya dont like the guy, FFS gettin sick and tired of your school yard shite bud....

Col

Steve i'll say this bluntly

You have the option to post or not to post, if u canot post anything constructivly or positive than why even post? Is it to hear your own thoughts is it so you can beat your chest?

The problem is not me your just making it my problem.

you ask why do people target you ,i replied
    you selectively respond to peoples replies and only pick the negatives

no one wants to hear about the personal stuff they want to see your boat built and get finished

"Were you a bully at school, then stopped growin Bud ???
    Just don't post if ya dont like the guy, FFS gettin sick and tired of your school yard shite bud...."

then block me

also someone who selectively reads posts
    insults to form a reply and calling me a child