Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: E-Tec, Optimax, 4 Stroke? Looking at 115hp range

Re: E-Tec, Optimax, 4 Stroke? Looking at 115hp range

Noel i think they may machine out the old sleeve thru the top than press in the new sleeve, those big scratches are from me being heavy handed with the micrometer i was using the thimble but it was doing it up to tight

Andy i would love a 150hp etec but they are 6 cylinders more transom weight

Hi

re the 115 v 150 weights from Evinrude specs

G1 115 -Weight:
    170 – 177 kgs depending on model

G1 135ho which is same as a G1 150hp I -Weight:
    190 – 196 kgs depending on model

regards
    stevet

A bit of extra weight Steve i still don't know how she will sit in the water as i have never had nor seen it in the water never actually seen one of these models in the water at all

Funds are in the bank, What would u guys do? i called the shop they still have the powerhead i tried to negotiate $2500 from $2800 it comes with 3 months warranty not that it will be of any use for me, this only leaves $1000 for my trailer build

would u try rebuild my powerhead for $2000 or would u just buy the complete powerhead for $2500 knowing it could be second hand rather than rebuilt, i am being told it was rebuilt for a customer than walked away from the deal and it has ever since sat on the shelf

I personally would keep shopping for a complete running used motor, but then, if you can somehow guarantee that it was rebuilt properly, and not just pieced together from other motors, it might be OK.

There are a few i considered Noel

Optimax had been rust seized than pulled apart repaired and assembled 50 hours put on it $2250

i just don't have a big budget there for not a lot of buying power

If u shop around you'll find something at a good price

chuck all your cash into the trailer, and then see what finance option is available and will give you a wider selection of motors, perhaps repayments are low these days, not sure.

is selling your other boat an option , sounds like your uncertain which way to go on the motor selection. might pay to leave that to last, good things come to those who wait.

Yeah i thought about building the trailer with the cash i have than sell my smaller boat at the beginning of next summer to fund the engine for big boat, i honestly cant see my self doing much work on these 38-50c days if i get some lights rigged up i may work at night but i will have bugs glued to the hull

Will likely have some cash coming in in around 3 to 4 weeks i am thinking of buying the Etec rebuild kit just i wont have enough cash to buy the conrod, new cylinder sleeve or have the block welded but it will be a leep i still think the etec is the right road to take considering i already have it

sounds like the go , keep ticking over steady and you be on the home stretch soon enough.. youve got all the gear waa for the ETEC .

Couple of Opti's on Gumtree but they are going for double of what i will have i have tried looking for another engine but nothing is coming up that looks decent for the amount i will have

Have been trying to find another engine but can't find anything even near a decent engine for under $2000, 2k gets ya a vintage 70's 80's 140hp i listed the etec for parts but only got two people wanting parts

can i run different brand pistons in the etec? 3 OEM 1 WSM?

what about a running 3 OEM conrods with one WSM conrod?

what is on my ind about repairing the etec is if i spend all this cash and it blows up again i will be at a huge loss, if i am to repair the etec i will be looking to order the parts this week or next week