Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: E-Tec, Optimax, 4 Stroke? Looking at 115hp range

Re: E-Tec, Optimax, 4 Stroke? Looking at 115hp range

Don’t flush medications down the sewer
    Take them to the chemist

Enough shit ends up in the waterways as it is

Steve last time i took medication back the lady just looked at me and wondered why i was taking it back it was a full pack of valium

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Bf that must hurt mate i have spine problems but not bent like yours have had it since i was a kid

Only when it shits itself and boy does it hurt then but it’s manageable,my neck is similar and apparently problems will develop ,it’s part of the reason why I have retired at 60 . It’s all good though I have found ways of treating it without having to resort to crap like endone and the like , I walk 5 km regularly and do upper body work with weights . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

A lot of this stuff requires you to 'have a bit on board' before the affects are noticeable.I wouldn't ditch it just yet as they will probably give you an opioid next.

yeah( Voltarin 25) is the one to go for. suffered chronic gout for years and this can erase pain within 30 minutes .

The second dose of the panadine forte done nothing at all didnt even make me drowsy or tired absolute nothing

Pain is still there so im thinking it could be more serious than a torn muscle

Will try get xrays by end of week bloody keen to start ripping into the boat again tho, engine is almost done

Just looking for some engine oil for the Merc checked ebay its all Penrite kits, checked bcf they have 4L i need 5L checked super cheap auto they sell 2.5L for $30 where are u guys getting your 4 stroke oils?

Mate your probably going to need the recommended dose for a couple of days and your going to need to rest it for a while before getting into a bit of walking.Also get your self some movacol (sp),tastes like shit but beats trying to shit out a brick.The boat will just have to wait,back injuies are not to be trifled with.

Im going for xrays today than to the doc see what he says

Just got back from the Xray and Dr's all good news no damage dr says it was a torn muscle, the amount of pain i was in on that afternoon was incredible i seriously thought i done a lot of damage but thankful to hear the good news, pain today is about a 2 only hurts when im on the toilet or rolling over in bed other than that i can bend over and squat without pain soooo project boat here i come

Fingers crossed fellas i'll have the engine running next week just need to pick up the JB glue and some engine oil

The air box, fuel pump assembly box and ecu need to go back on and she'll be ready to test

Do these engines run a fuel pump in the tank?

I will try make a temp bracket for the alternator

No fuel pump in the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    Only when it shits itself and boy does it hurt then but it’s manageable,my neck is similar and apparently problems will develop ,it’s part of the reason why I have retired at 60 . It’s all good though I have found ways of treating it without having to resort to crap like endone and the like , I walk 5 km regularly and do upper body work with weights . Matt
    Xray doesn't look too flash mate...don't think it would be much fun being you each morning..

I have back problems also from a lifetime of physical labour done badly...I find Voltaren and Panadol with codeine makes it mostly bearable..

Doctors put me on Endone for a week last year for another injury....I stopped taking it after several days and still have half a pack sitting here ...it felt so damn good but also so wrong.....I can now understand a bit how people get addicted to opioids... oxycodon is also one of the leading causes of death in the USA from drug overdoses....its easy to see why ..

Got the hole cleaned up and epoxied a 2.5mm plate of aluminium over it, the plate is a little larger than the hole

Blew the shavings out and let it cure out in the shed this was 2 days ago

Will try finish off the engine later there is about 1 hours work left and i should be able to start her up todayAttachment 120510Attachment 120511

Looking up the specs now for bolt torque's going to finish off the engine today i will still need to fab the broken alternator bracket but should be easy enough from steel just to see if she starts up

going thru the workshop manual now i found my Vengence propeller this is what it says

13"x18p, Vengeance, Boat all up ready to run weight 1088‑1723kg (2400 ‑ 3800 lb.) bot length 5.4 ‑ 6.09 m (18 ‑ 20 ft.) estimated speeds 43‑ 62 km/h (27 ‑ 39 MPH) prop part number 48‑16988A46

Spent 2 hours walking around in circles could not work out the wire harness, 100 sensors, pipes every where.. got it all sorted had ran the ecu wires up the wrong side of powerhead i cant actually remember what it looked like before i tore it apart for some reason thought the ecu went behind the air box but realised it goes in front of the starter motor..

Its all sorted now just need to touch up one spot of glue on the filter than bolt it on and make a alternator mount...

One thing is i have nfi where the fuel entry hose is lol bit of a pisser because i have never worked on a efi outboard before i do have one 'red' hose but it has a high or low pressure special connection its not your typical barbed hose connection like an old engine

Also with the wire harness correctly routed i have i think 2 open male plugs with mo where to go