Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: E-Tec, Optimax, 4 Stroke? Looking at 115hp range

Re: E-Tec, Optimax, 4 Stroke? Looking at 115hp range

Spot on Noel these rod bolts are one time use so i will order some new ones, i still don't know the extent of the damage to the other cylinders the spray of metal pieces may have gone thru the exhaust into the other cylinders so i will see when i tear her a part big problem about tearing a part now is we want to move house so i don't want to be losing bits and pieces of the engine if i move between the time of pulling her apart and reassembling, the only worry about pulling it apart also is i wont know where all the hoses go most are pre bent and just slightly different in sizes to each other but a lot of the same size hose has multiple joints

i may just need a big tub to chuck it all in

For a one off job, it's far better to try to keep pieces together in groups rather than just one pile of bits, also keep stuff as assembled as possible, and rebuild as you reassemble it, take lots of photos and mark odd bits with dabs of paint or similar.

I have 2x 1.8m benches in the shed i use when I'm rebuilding engines but i have been really slack of late and the benches have just cluttered with all tools and bits and pieces of crap its just a real mess so if i strip the Etec i need somewhere to put everything, the Etec is pretty basic just a big block with a few fiddley objects the rest is all hoses it has a mile of them

forgot to reply to your previous question Noel, The block doesn't feel dry but there is some oil just no where near the amount of an old 2 stroke its kind of hard to get pictures with the scope because it reflects light off of what oil film is there the samsung works better tho but i would say there is oil in there its just a very thin film

I just went outside for a look and to measure the lift ring bolt hole 8mm bolt lifts a 184kg engine i donno about that... i looked at mostly the hoses i will start to tear the engine down over the weekend i have a couple boxes of those big lunch ziplock plastic bags i will label it as it comes off, a worry will be if the 4 oil injection hoses get miss labelled or i lose the labels... i will try to take it off in bulk and keep as much of the electricals plugged together

stay tuned for some pictures

E-Tec, Optimax, 4 Stroke? Looking at 115hp range

I’m pulling off a couple of 1990 115 v4 evinrudes with only 200hrs on the clock soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Do you have a genuine repair manual for reassembly? might be a good investment.

Hardly run in Fuzz!!
    What could go wrong.......................

Quote Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
    Hardly run in Fuzz!!
    And 50 of those hrs I have done in the last 12 months, Just not getting the range I want unfortunately and want my deck space back!

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    I just went outside for a look and to measure the lift ring bolt hole 8mm bolt lifts a 184kg engine i donno about that... i looked at mostly the hoses i will start to tear the engine down over the weekend i have a couple boxes of those big lunch ziplock plastic bags i will label it as it comes off, a worry will be if the 4 oil injection hoses get miss labelled or i lose the labels... i will try to take it off in bulk and keep as much of the electricals plugged together

stay tuned for some pictures
    Some of the etecs use a 3 bolt lifter. Yours may be one.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Do you have a genuine repair manual for reassembly? might be a good investment.
    Not yet but i will download one i need it for bolt torque specs and lining up the crank bearings plus any other problems i run into

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyfuzz View Post
    And 50 of those hrs I have done in the last 12 months, Just not getting the range I want unfortunately and want my deck space back!

That is why i wanted the E-Tec because of great fuel economy i will be trolling and downrigging a lot so every drop of fuel saved counts

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Some of the etecs use a 3 bolt lifter. Yours may be one.
    The 130 E-Tec has i think 5 studs in the flywheel and one 5/16th 24 fine pitch thread for the lift ring, i don't know if i want to jerry rig a lift ring or try lift it off if my cousin can give a hand

Has Al talked you into some Yammies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Has Al talked you into some Yammies.
    was a toss up between Yamaha and Mercury and have decided to go Mercury, the 2.1l displacement and command thrust gear box got it over the line

was a toss up between Yamaha and Mercury and have decided to go Mercury, the 2.1l displacement and command thrust gear box got it over the line

You'll have to update your signature mate

Getting there just need to remove the computer and flywheel plus the wire harness than the block can come off, i need a special male star bit to undo the reeds so can't look in there just yet, there were sand deposits on the top port piston so i suspect it had a blown head gasket i can't explain any other reason how it go in there

port head has been taking off after the pictures, was cutting a cable tie off with scissors and snipped a nice chunk of my finger off with it blood going everywhere i stopped shortly after

kept all my fuel injectors on the rail and with the fuel pump attached seems Evinrude use a special method of shrinking the hoses some how without using clamps so i thought it were best to leave as much stuff together in bulk and just undo it all and take it off in a few pieces

Mate I know you said money’s tight but how much per week would you say you have outlaid per week so far

Cause a 420 renegade with a 50hp four stroke ally trailer and some fitout is only setting me back $125 per week

It’s new and it works and would 90 percent of the type of fishing you want to do