Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: E-Tec, Optimax, 4 Stroke? Looking at 115hp range

Re: E-Tec, Optimax, 4 Stroke? Looking at 115hp range

https://www.epa.vic.gov.au/your-envi...idential-noise

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

TI have heard of plenty of Mercury engines that have ingested water into the lower cylinder, it happens if the throttle is pulled back suddenly, not too sure why Mercury suffers more than other brands, the basic operating principal is the same, so it must be a "feature" of the exhaust design.
    Last edited by Noelm; 16-10-2019 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Spelling

Just doing some running around my mum just got out of hospital so a big relief about to go home and work on the flywheel puller looks like i have untill 8pm to use the drill and air compressor

Hopping to be back on the trailer in the next few days

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Had untill 8pm to get it done, grabbed the bench drill it already had a 20mm hole saw in it perfect! put the plate for the flywheel puller in it and drilled the center hole that took around 10 to 15mins to drill thru i was about to turn on the air compressor and use the pnenumatic rattle gun but grabbed the cordless i didnt actually think the chinese cordless rattle gun would have enough omph to pop the flywheel off but it done it in around 2 seconds flat, i now have the crankshaft inside the house i will grabbed the rods and pistons out of the old block tomorrow its getting a bit late finished before 7:30pm so glad the neighbors cannot complain the bench drill was an absolute racket drilling that steel plate

after i clean than blast the crank i know i will have a good crank, a good cylinder head, i have multiple rods to chose from, i have a good set of 90hp cam's, the only thing now is the condition of the block i bought i am really hopping the bottom cylinder sleeve can be salvaged with a rebore not looking forward to it if i have to get a new sleeve not sure what that would cost but surely wouldn't be cheap

I have no idea what my computer is doing lagging like crazy anyhow the crank went in for a dip i already had half a bottle of this product so giving it a test

Uploaded a full video here guys the rust just wipes off this Desalt from Whitworths is amazing

Guys seems my battery was flat when i tested the new powerhead i had charged the battery the night before but bodged my aligator/charge lead to charge the battery

I tried to connect my bebop drone to the battery i was using and got a critical low coltage error on the drone that must have been 9volts under load

It will explain the starter motor spooling up i thought it was due to my bad repair job, i had the battery properly charging last night i took it off this morning i will go check the numbers now on that lower cylinder

Some good news on that powerhead i tried the compression test got 75psi on the lower cylinder twice i than poured oil down the cylinder and repeated the test got 155psi on the same cylinder

Now is the dilamer, do i rering the pistons or do u think the cylinder was dry and possible rings sticking to the piston and the oil has woken up the cylinder?

Normally if it were a bike i would tear it down and rering but finamces dont allow that at the moment, what is the process for retesting that one cylinder? Repeat compression test 24 hours? 7 days? 2 weeks? How long will it take for the oil to lose its seal around the rings for retesting?Attachment 120316

Looks like i have no one to help now im buggered me only cousin that was helping me is no longer so now i have to some how move the 100kg powerhead by my self

This deal is like trying to lift a 4 cylinder car engine (short block) by one person

I have some down time with the rain and im running low on fibreglassing supplies so the boat rebuild might be slowing down, i want to utilise that down time to work on the engine

Any ideas as to how to move the powerhead? Its sitting on a motor bike trailer and the outboard is 2-3 meters behind the trailer i have a engine crane but its a engine crane and engine stand in one and its currently got the outboard on it

Need ideas as to how to move the powerhead the 3 meters, once its next to the outboard i can use the crane to lift it up and onto the leg

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Looks like i have no one to help now im buggered me only cousin that was helping me is no longer so now i have to some how move the 100kg powerhead by my self

This deal is like trying to lift a 4 cylinder car engine (short block) by one person

I have some down time with the rain and im running low on fibreglassing supplies so the boat rebuild might be slowing down, i want to utilise that down time to work on the engine

Any ideas as to how to move the powerhead? Its sitting on a motor bike trailer and the outboard is 2-3 meters behind the trailer i have a engine crane but its a engine crane and engine stand in one and its currently got the outboard on it

Need ideas as to how to move the powerhead the 3 meters, once its next to the outboard i can use the crane to lift it up and onto the leg

Just ask a couple of the neighbours to give you a hand for ten minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

I’ve moved so much shit with one of those super cheap trollies I feel sorry for it lol
    4m timber sleepers bags of concrete
    Engine blocks cabinets fridges

Everyone needs one in there life

But to Gazza if it’s grass put it in a tarp and drag it to where you need it
    Slide it across some timber even

Thanks guys i didnt even think to use the trolley i have one from SCA but the wheels are about to pop i will give it a go

Just need to lift the powerhead off the trailer and i should be in business

Quote Originally Posted by shakey55 View Post
    Just ask a couple of the neighbours to give you a hand for ten minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    My neighbors are feral mate the only good neighbors in Sydney are Asians the people next door are great they are Asian never complain, always give us bananas etc... one other neighbour puts out bin out and brings it in every week even tho i dont get a long with him, the rest of street is feral mate we have 2 pedofiles in my street, we really want to move... need to wait for a right house for my elderly mother with needs

as about a 40min job changing the intake cam over but took around an hour and a half couldn't find my 1/4" to 3/8" adapter than couldn't find a 8mm 1/4" drive socket looked everywhere finally found one in the shed, the cams on the 90hp block look cast the cams out of the 115hp block look like they are machined if this is the case i may have to change the exhaust cam over too but i'll leave it as it is

turned it over 3 times and timing was spot on, checked clearance and it was spot on 0.15mm couldn't fit a 0.20mm feeler in there so quiet happy i didn't need to mess about with the buckets

hopping to put the powerhead on in the next few days while its raining so its cool enough but won't be able to crank her over untill i order the alternator bracket that smashed to pieces on the old powerhead but at lease it will be more progress

the difference between the two intake cams are the decompression section on the ends it must be for the supercharged models they must have auto decompression for starting