Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: E-Tec, Optimax, 4 Stroke? Looking at 115hp range

Re: E-Tec, Optimax, 4 Stroke? Looking at 115hp range

What a piece of s.... that EMM Etec computer i sent to a island off of France was successfully delivered on saturday now today i log onto my paypal and the transaction has been cancelled and i owe paypal over $500

Get a load of this my EMM has the wire harness attached, the buyers pic is bare EMM, There are no numbers in my picture, There are magically numbers in the buyers picture and none of those numbers match Evinrude Etec parts but what gets me is i have no choice with ebay other than to accept a return which is bs

you do the right thing and people just want to rip u off

only way i could show the ebay PNG file

Email eBay. There are real people behind the scenes. You can even ring them. Dont put up with that.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Get a load of this my EMM has the wire harness attached, the buyers pic is bare EMM, There are no numbers in my picture, There are magically numbers in the buyers picture and none of those numbers match Evinrude Etec parts but what gets me is i have no choice with ebay other than to accept a return which is bs
    I reckon the unit shown in their pic is your unit just cleaned up. The part numbers aren't visible in yours but they're probably only lightly engraved / stamped and could just have been covered by grime. Have a look at the photos below - there are quite a few similarities between the two where defects are visible on both units in the same locations, particularly the smudge on the diagnostics sticker. Hard to tell exactly with the unit cleaned, different angle and different lighting but my money is on both photographs being of the same EMM.

This link shows another unit where the P/N etching is only just visible on a cleaned up unit, so it shows how easy it can be to miss:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Evinrude-11...wAAOSwO-pcEshZ

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you looked up the part number online rather than taking it off the unit. It's my suspicion that P/N 586992 was the EMM P/N for 130HP ETECs from 2009-2011, but there was an update in 2012 to P/N 587130 for the MY2012 engine. If that later P/N 587130 was also compatible with the earlier models, P/N 586992 was probably retired because there's no point keeping stock of that EMM when the later EMM could do all years up to and including 2012.

Have a look at the BRP parts catalogue for 130HP outboards from 2009-2012 and you'll see what I mean ... 2012 EMM is marked as 'New for 2012' despite earlier years having the same listed P/N. I reckon those earlier years were actually originally supplied as P/N 586992 per what your buyer has shown in his photo but that that P/N was retired once P/N 587130 arrived in 2012.
    http://epc.brp.com

TL : DR The buyer probably thinks he got scammed because he bought an EMM advertised as P/N 587130 that is actually P/N 586992. If his engine is 2009-2011 then the P/N 586992 is probably perfect (would need to confirm with Evinrude); but if his engine is 2012 then IMO he has a valid claim as you've advertised the later P/N when in fact your unit is the earlier P/N. Look into it a bit, touch base with eBay/the buyer and see if you can sort it out. ATM I reckon you both feel you've been scammed but with luck the EMM will actually be what he's after.

Morp the part number the seller is claiming is no where to be found on the internet, i am 100% sure my EMM had no part number on it i wrapped and packaged it for shipping

the part number the seller is claiming is no where to be found on the internet
    Nah, it is out there - on eBay and other second hand sites. That reinforces my point that I think the earlier '09-'11 engines were supplied with P/N 586992 (per the one you sold) but that EMM was later succeeded by P/N 587130 which is all you'll find in part breakdowns now, because the earlier EMM was replaced by the later one and there's no point them stocking both.

i am 100% sure my EMM had no part number on it i wrapped and packaged it for shipping
    That would be weird though, given that you can find other examples of that same EMM on eBay (P/N 586992) and they all have part numbers stamped in that location. Yours would be the exception if it didn't.

Examples:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Evinrude-11...wAAOSwO-pcEshZ
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Evinrude-E-...YAAOSwDX5b2OHQ
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Evinrude-E-...YAAOSwDX5b2OHQ

This might be helpful ... the original link doesn't work but I found this on the web - E-TEC EMMs apparently have both a manufacturing P/N and a service P/N:

If you look at say 2010 130HP V4 it has Mfg P/N 586992, Svc P/N 587048. Come across to MarineEngine.com and they show replacement parts as well as current model replacement ... check 2010 130HP V4 and it shows the following:

So per the first chart, a 2010 130HP would have been supplied with an EMM with manufacturing P/N 586992 (what the buyer says he has) that originally had a service P/N of 587048. Per the second chart, P/N 587048 was replaced by 587067 and then 0587130 - which fits what I said in my previous post.

Check the charts yourself here:
    https://www.marineengine.com/parts/j...cal+Components

Crazily complicated though. Note that based on the first chart, a P/N 586992 would only be good for MY09/MY10 ... MY11 changed to P/N 587069 that then changed again in MY12 to P/N 587130.

Also you should note from this that if your engine was a 2010 per your eBay ad, then the expected EMM for that model year is P/N 586992 as the buyer is reporting he's received. For it to be a P/N 587130 as advertised it would have to have been a later replacement EMM (from MY2012).

I don't get it tho how could the earlier model fit onto the later model engine? my engine is labelled 2010 than when i look up E130DCXIIR comes in as a 2011 model with EMM number 0587130 further more in your picture the "II 2011" is my model even that states the EMM i listed

Lol well that is amusing ... 2010 build plate, 2011 model reference and 2011 engine family listed in diagnostics. What fun.

Per MarineEngine.com and the EMM Part Numbers chart, I would have expected the original EMM on that to be P/N 0587069 (service P/N 0587067) with a current replacement P/N 0587130. I can't explain why your 2011 EMM would have P/N 0586992 unless Evinrude were just using up old P/N EMMs and flashing them with the later firmware.

Note though that per MarineEngine.com you still shouldn't have had a P/N 0587130 ECC supplied with that engine originally - Mfg P/N 0587069 / Svc P/N 0587067 is the (supposed) original fitment.

I'm no expert on any of this - just trying to help out because I reckon the buyer is feeling just as scammed as you are atm, and there's the possibility that it all might work out okay if you can just work out exactly how Evinrude's P/Ns work.

Thanks Morp u have been heaps helpful i am just going to keep my ebay accound in good standings have been a member almost 20 years so i will count my losses tell the seller to keep the emm and i'll give a full refund

Thanks Morp u have been heaps helpful i am just going to keep my ebay accound in good standings have been a member almost 20 years so i will count my losses tell the seller to keep the emm and i'll give a full refund
    why not have sent back, surely postage can't be that much. you can then sell it again and make some money back?

Ericcs it cost me over $130 to send it and i have to pay the return fee

I just offered the refund with item must be returned, i opted to have the EMM returned i still have the wire harness so i will test it when it comes back than offer it for sale again if it checks out

a lot of farting around ebay says they will cover me if the item is returned defective

Ericcs it cost me over $130 to send it and i have to pay the return fee
    i'm sure the buyer would have paid the freight there, so you pay 130 to get it back, then make something back when you sell it!

Be very interesting to check the serial number with the computer when you get it back Gazza. I'm certainly not convinced that they aren't pulling a swifty. The other option is they tried yours and it didn't fix their issue.

Yeah the seller paid for shipping, it did cost me more for packaging and shipping than i charged tho because i had insurance, sign on delivery and return to sender if receiver could not be located

i actually have no way of testing the EMM when it returns because i have no control box

I just offered the refund with item must be returned
    I would at least contact the buyer to check what engine they're wanting to use it with (get the full model no. per the engine plate ... E130DCXIIA or whatever) and see what MarineEngine.com says the correct original EMM is for that engine. If P/N 586992 is the correct one for their engine, you might be able to pass that info on to the buyer and have them end up happy.