Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: E-Tec, Optimax, 4 Stroke? Looking at 115hp range

Re: E-Tec, Optimax, 4 Stroke? Looking at 115hp range

I went into parsun man and the sales guy said he could get me any parts i needed that all changed when i spoke with the owner he tried to scrummage around for second hand parts than said he couldn't get the parts i needed

The head office of Parsun has now become a full marine accessory shop has been for a few years so it looks like they will still be around just maybe drop the 2 stroke outboards, they are on ebay under island inflatables or something like that

So, do they have Parsun 4 strokes in all HP now? I never look at them at all these days.

Looks like Hidea is over taking Parsun, Parsun are still selling the same old designs

Hidea has these https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Outboard...EAAOSwxuxbFzDM

They are cheap you get what you pay for and if your happy with that then all good

Yamaha 15 hp two strokes are $2400 sometimes less on special

I’ll buy one before the stop them, it will last me till I give up boats
    I see myself downsizing as I get older to a 12ft tinny and a 15 would be perfect

Looks like Parsun has up the 25HP 4 strokes, I guess they will get bigger ones, still leaves the Telwater Vortex thing up in the air though, can't see anything to say they are moving to 4 strokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Looks like Parsun has up the 25HP 4 strokes, I guess they will get bigger ones, still leaves the Telwater Vortex thing up in the air though, can't see anything to say they are moving to 4 strokes.
    Parsun have been selling 4 strokes alongside their 2 strokes for a few years. So they are in the same boat as Tohatsu, Suzuki, Yamaha.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    I went into parsun man and the sales guy said he could get me any parts i needed that all changed when i spoke with the owner he tried to scrummage around for second hand parts than said he couldn't get the parts i needed
    Wasn't it actually a Maxus outboard you wanted to get parts for - and the you decided to go on a vendetta against Parsun outboards?

Yeah, I just looked at their website, I guess the 2 strokes will just vanish, BCF sells them near me, and I never go in there so I didn't know what they had.

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    They are cheap you get what you pay for and if your happy with that then all good

Yamaha 15 hp two strokes are $2400 sometimes less on special

I’ll buy one before the stop them, it will last me till I give up boats
    I see myself downsizing as I get older to a 12ft tinny and a 15 would be perfect
    Or other two strokes were overpriced

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Not yet Noel i really need to get the Land rover back together i am half way done with that i'm not in to much of a rush doing the Mercury, today me and my cousins went down Port Kembla for a fish

inner wheel bearing collapsed on the way out of port kembla 2 trips to fairy meadow super cheap and 15mins putting in the new bearings were on our way home

had no jack and no tools other than pliers so we took the trailer off the car lift the trailer high at the front rolled a spare tyre under the frame in front of the failed wheel than lowered the trailer and push down on the tow hitch so it would lift the wheel off the ground worked great super cheap and repco wanted $70 for a jack i have 3 at home just bad timing
    This is a bit late, but there is a BCF in Warrawong which is only a few minutes from port Kembla, they would have had bearings. Keep it in mind in case there is a "next time"

Bcf were putting them all on clearance in a email I got a month ago

Billfisher
    Probably but then you can go to any major coastal town and good chance a yamaha dealer is nearby for help

There has to be some market competition at play no company with longevity gives up sales just to keep a price high
    More over heads built into the major brands prices for sure

I pulled the complete starter mechanisim
    Off a amates 15hp parsunnbut that was years ago when they first came out

Just saying if happy with a smaller dealer network and trust it then all is well.

Just checked bcfs website
    1200 for a 15 hp short shaft on clearance.

That’s cheap

Gazza,, hey bud,
    Listen, let me tell you something ! the way you do things is different to most others, everyone's different everyone does thing differently.
    I'll mention something else, the difference between you and me, your kahoona's are way bigger, my rebuild has been dragging on for far to long now, some of the "stupid" things I've done so far along the way, I couldn't bring myself to post it up. But, it's a learning curve.
    I'll be back into mine over the next couple of months, so sit back and read some of my up coming posts !
    I'm expecting a fair bit of newbie treatment heading my way as well.
    Don't stop, you've got a few things on the boil at the minute, but you now need to follow up and see it through.
    Scott was right, what the hell else would keep us reading if you didn't post up.

Col

Hey Col, yeah i may have a few projects on the go my cousin is coming over tomorrow he thinks 2 of us 2 hours work shouls have the land rover repaired, the trailer i only need to weld up the spring hangers and shim the drawbar other little things like a bought winch post and bunks can be done a little later, the outboard is 2 gaskets and probably 3 hours in work

The biggest job is the boat.