Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: E-Tec, Optimax, 4 Stroke? Looking at 115hp range

Re: E-Tec, Optimax, 4 Stroke? Looking at 115hp range

I think I would be getting together ASAP and see what I could find out, how about you call the Victorian place and see if they have an engine number in their records, any reputable company would keep that sort of info.

The crate is nailed shut so it may be a genuine sale doesn't look as if it has been taking out but the top of the pallet is just bubble wrapped so not sure, a set of crankcases over here cost $850 plus delivery so a full powerhead for $1200 is still ok

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    I've already had that thought Noel i paid with paypal so i think i have weeks to make any claims but it will be pass that time i think before i can do a compression check
    just asking the question,
    is it not possible to take all the plugs out, and use an electric drill with a socket on the flywheel nut to spin the engine for a comp. test. you can do before you fit it?

I could probably just unbolt my starter motor bolt it onto the new powerhead and just power it up i might actually do that but i will have to check how its bolted down to the pallet as the timing chain is on the bottom of this powerhead

Any progress today?

Nah not today had to visit the nephew in the naughti house haha and im burnt like a pork chop was in to much of a rush yesterday to test the welder forgot sun screen loation before welding

I'm going to wait untill i swap the powerheads over as if i were to crank the powerhead now there would be no oil or oil pressure on the bearings

Got it together yet?

Not yet Noel i really need to get the Land rover back together i am half way done with that i'm not in to much of a rush doing the Mercury, today me and my cousins went down Port Kembla for a fish

inner wheel bearing collapsed on the way out of port kembla 2 trips to fairy meadow super cheap and 15mins putting in the new bearings were on our way home

had no jack and no tools other than pliers so we took the trailer off the car lift the trailer high at the front rolled a spare tyre under the frame in front of the failed wheel than lowered the trailer and push down on the tow hitch so it would lift the wheel off the ground worked great super cheap and repco wanted $70 for a jack i have 3 at home just bad timing

Should have called me, I am only 15mins away from there.

We were very lucky to make it back to Sydney as the other side was on its way out too, the bearings down there cost a fortune i remember seeing wheel bearings for like $15 had to pay $34 and had no way of changing the outer races so had to run the new bearings as is

only took about 15mins to change that was the easy part, worst part was we left it right after the whole day of sun baking and hardly no sleep last night

fishing was great tho i had a huge slimie mackeral out live but the wind was howling and drifting was fast so didn't get anything on the slimie, we caught various fish happy the poor mans lobsters were on the low and the snappers were on the bite probably due to the barometer change with that wind picking up putting the snappers on the chew, suprised to only see 1 kingy

i have a square axle so first trip to super cheap i thought ford bearings came back and it was holden bearings so i removed the wheel and seen the inner race of the rear bearing was stuck on the shaft so bought a $5 hammer from super cheap the second time and banged it off

Not yet Noel i really need to get the Land rover back together i am half way done with that
    How many projects are you "half way done with"? Boat, car, trailer,outboard...

Short the car is to tow the boat and trailer, it was meant to be a simple clutch change but land rovers are a pos to work on

Short the car is to tow the boat and trailer, it was meant to be a simple clutch change but land rovers are a pos to work on

My best mate used to have a gearbox workshop Gazza...…..after the first one Landrovers were banned. Good luck mate.

Scottar they are an absolute nightmare to work on nothing is simple and everything is hidden, my xtrail was a piece of piss to remove and install the gearbox but this land rover really is hard going to work on

Qe have the gearbox back on but the IRD or 4x4 converter box is proving to be difficult to reinstall after that is just mounts,brackets hoses etc...