Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: E-Tec, Optimax, 4 Stroke? Looking at 115hp range

Re: E-Tec, Optimax, 4 Stroke? Looking at 115hp range

Even if it did mean removing the powerhead later, I still think it's a better option to leave the new motor as is, providing of course it is an original untouched motor, if it's been pieced together then that might change the whole exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by ericcs View Post
    so, your absolutely sure the cam's are different ?
    Here's the microfiche

90hp 2009 part 18 and 19
    https://www.huntsmarine.com.au/pages.../COMMON9014934

115hp roughly same year parts 18 and 19
    https://www.huntsmarine.com.au/pages.../COMMON9014934

they have the same part numbers under both 90hp and 115hp which is weird i am thinking one may be an over sized cam for when engines get down the track and need to be tunnel bored out

How would u check Noel? these engines are in mint condition like the Etec had close to 1000 hours and the powerhead looked brand new

Powerhead was picked up today i should have it in 5 to 14 days

i'd be leaving it as is, almost seems like like you are trying to convince yourself they are different, yet the part numbers are the same. at least cross check the cam lobes with a mic first, they might even have part numbers to cross reference!

Yeah i was going to use the micrometers i bought and used on the Etec but i think the difference in the two cam's are the lobes the 115hp would have a broader lobe to the 75 / 90hp meaning the valves would possibly stay open longer to allow more air into the combustion chamber

I'll leave it as is and see if it starts up

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Yeah i was going to use the micrometers i bought and used on the Etec but i think the difference in the two cam's are the lobes the 115hp would have a broader lobe to the 75 / 90hp meaning the valves would possibly stay open longer to allow more air into the combustion chamber

I'll leave it as is and see if it starts up
    If the cams are different ie oversize lobes you would think it would be a different part number, it would cause too many headaches for the parts dept’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Yeah Fuzz there is a different part number its off by 1 digit they run the same exhast cam but there are two different intake cams

That was back breaking getting this thing on the stand, starting to worry if my trailer could carry this kind of load

For some reason the gearbox has a sticker on it labelled "12" anyone know what that means?

Courier just called my powerhead is in Sydney ready for pickup, i estimated the crate weighed 70kg came in at 150kg i donno how im going to lift a 100kg powerhead off the trailer as my Mercury is on my engine hoist

Isn't the motor bolted to a frame/stand?

Nah its bolted down inside a plywood crate Noel i think the base is a pallet being 90x90cm and 100cm high thy have just built up the sides and top with plywood

Sorry, I meant the engine you have at home, but I see in the picture it's on the engine hoist, might pay to just make a stand, it's not hard, if you could scrounge up some old pine sleepers for a base and some 90X45 or bigger to make the rest, I made one for a 6 cylinder outboard once, took no time at all, and I made a double one for my 115s when I replaced them too.

I'll see if i can get a hand carrying the powerhead inside tomorrow after i pick it up than i will see if i can get a hand lifting it up and onto the engine leg i think that will be the easiest way

the Etec powerhead was a piece of piss to carry but this merc has more to it, flywheel and cylinder head