Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: E-Tec, Optimax, 4 Stroke? Looking at 115hp range

Re: E-Tec, Optimax, 4 Stroke? Looking at 115hp range

Fuzz yeah i hear you but these engines use the same powerhead with different camshafts if i just swap my whole head over it should be sorted and as a running 90hp untill it gets remapped

did it come with a 115 ecu

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Fuzz yeah i hear you but these engines use the same powerhead with different camshafts if i just swap my whole head over it should be sorted and as a running 90hp untill it gets remapped
    prove me wrong, but when i checked the part numbers, the 75, 90 and 115 all have the same camshaft part number!! 898397A03 and 898397A02

If that’s the case. It’s just the ecu doing it. Injector timing
    Ignition timing
    Rev limiter

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    If that’s the case. It’s just the ecu doing it. Injector timing
    Ignition timing
    Rev limiter
    if the ecu is ok, it could ultimately end up a cost effective engine , assuming it is a genuine, reliable 200hr powerhead, fingers crossed!
    (but, i have been warned plenty of times before, never assume. there's plenty of life left in this thread!)

the best advice given was ignored so lets see how this goes
    i wish him the best he thinks im a prick for not agreeing with him

dont buy other peoples problems

id be focusing on one thing at a time no point having a engine that sits for 2 years while you finsih everything else off

I will check the part numbers when i go on the laptop i got the info from a google search but i will check

Steve i ignore u because your so negative u always think what will happen rather than what can go right, the boat may take me another 5 years i dont really care i live with major depression i struggle with my everyday life just getting out of bed life is not easy if u have a easy life i wish it continues for u but not everyone is as fortunate

I wonder if i'll even be here next week next month the struggle is real man i take on these projects to give me something to stay focused in life something to look forward to it gives me a goal to achieve but i could do without the negativity

if i don't get out of bed and go to work i lose everything - everyone here would lose everything, no ones life is easy i work friggen hard for what i have

negativity or trying to help you get something decent from the effort you put in and th emost from what you have to spend
    i figured using it was the end goal, i wont reply on your posts again

I just opened two micro fiches and compared the numbers the only part i didnt check were the air filter and intake manifold however the whole powerhead, cylinder head, valves, con rods, pistons, gearbox everything is the same but the gearbox has two gears to select from, forward 2.07:1 or 2.03:1, reverse has the same ratio

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    I just opened two micro fiches and compared the numbers the only part i didnt check were the air filter and intake manifold however the whole powerhead, cylinder head, valves, con rods, pistons, gearbox everything is the same but the gearbox has two gears to select from, forward 2.07:1 or 2.03:1, reverse has the same ratio
    irrelevant, you now have a 90hp powerhead, ecu and gearbox. thats what you bought!

Ah actually there are two types of cam's but they both come up under the 90hp and 115hp with the same part numbers so its confusing weather they have different lobes or if the second part number is to fit in a machined cylinder head as a replacement part

Didn't expect arranging shipping to be this much of a pain in the ass order was meant to be picked up on thursday last week i left it untill friday than called BHF couriers and they said my payment didn't go thru had already told the seller it was being picked up thursday, friday i was told the shipping stickers were to be sent that day or today and pick up was today i really hope it gets picked up today

I'm just going to change the 90hp cam's over and use engineers tape to measure the clearance 180 degrees out on all journals if it's in spec i will run those cam's just hope the shim's for clearance or one's available are within spec or the whole head will be getting swapped over

I kind of think leaving the new power head intact would be the best option, reassemble it with all your old motor equipment and get it running first.

Thing with that Noel is this Merucry model runs the timing chain under the powerhead not on top like traditional 4 strokes i would have no access i would imagine to remove the chain tensioner than the chain so whole powerhead would have to be taking off again

so, your absolutely sure the cam's are different ?