Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: E-Tec, Optimax, 4 Stroke? Looking at 115hp range

Re: E-Tec, Optimax, 4 Stroke? Looking at 115hp range

Quote Originally Posted by ericcs View Post
    Well, i guess you can try and get it going with the 115 cams and the 90 ecu first. if the ecu is still in working order, then decide to either swap out the cams, or get the 115 ecu. i know what i'd rather have!
    If i went that way i may have to change the injectors but thinking about it it works out cheaper to buy the 115hp ECU from the US, So far i have only read a post about the ECU reflash and the guys were saying the block, cylinder head and valves were the same i may need to look at the injectors and inlet manifold, i know to do the 115 flash of the 90 ECU i need to remove some restrictor in the air filter

Just hope the powerhead was a genuine 200 hour purchase and not swapped over with someones 1000 hour powerhead and the old worn one put back in the crate but i guess for $1000 that's the gamble i take its either that or a shaggy looking powerhead out of Canada for $1400 plus shipping

the ebay seller said he had $1900 on this powerhead and came down to $1000 for a sale, i have searched the internet for this particular engine and there was only 1 engine on all of Gumtree all around Australia and it was the 115hp version for i think $4500

if my ECU is fine my engine will cost me $2020 plus gaskets

Probably best to stop guessing and try to download a complete parts manual for the 90 and the 115 and see what's different for sure. If there is some restrictor (I haven't heard of that) then doing anything to the ECU might be a scam, or at best a minor difference, in my experience, most power increases have been in the users mind, you have the same prop at the same RPM, you go the same speed.

im sorry but reusing cam bearings is just dodgy as hell

ecu flash will adjust injector and ignition timings and increase rev range to get the extra hp, the intake runner is also different

Steve what's the difference in running your current engine for another 200 300 hours on what it has now and walking out to the shed saying "I'm pulling it apart it needs new bearings" without even knowing?

there is no need to replace bearings if there is no wear there is no difference to leaving the engine assembled and running it or pulling it apart than reassembling it and running it, just because u remove the bearing it doesn't make them perish

your mixing parts between different heads thats why.

and there is going to be different lifterand lobe wear between the two engines due to unknown hours between them.

for someone worried about reliability it doesnt show in your thinking here

The cam "bearings" are what is called line bored, the cap is fitted and then it is machined to the correct measurement, technically they should stay as pairs, but that said, I guess the allowable tolerance would be so small, you could "probably" swap them around whereas things like (say) two stroke rod caps are actually cracked apart, and must be kept as pairs, you cannot interchange them, I think I would use the cam that comes with the block for a test first.

How long before the motor arrives?

before you pull anything apart, cross check the part numbers. i did a quick and what i found was, cams, intake manifold etc, are the same part numbers between 90/115!

90 has some sort of inlet restrictor i even rang merc in the U S of A last night out of amusement

looks like the 75hp has the intake restrictor ring!

https://www.walleyecentral.com/forum.../t-200244.html

who truely knows i guess unless you have one side by side

a point in that thread needs to be considered, gazza is going to need a new prop and thats going to be trial and error as ive read the both have and both dont have the same gearbox ratios lol
    also has to consider what teh extra rpm is going to do to performance prop wise

but then we are 19 pages and 3 purchased engines into this

yes, this thread will be alive for a while yet!

Your right Noel i thought it ran shell bearings for the cam's its not that big of a deal tho i can just swap my old head over but i may see how it goes with the 115 head first

shipping is 5 to 14 days it gets picked up today

Not want to be a glass half empty kind of guy but I Would be spewing if you finally get all this together and it blows up first trip out, Totally different but i remember in my early years of my trade I used to get call outs to properties to fix Old stick rake dozers and such and you can always guarantee the old cocky has grabbed a part from here and a part from there and just bolted it together to get it going and it usually works for “awhile” you figure it out pretty quickly when the parts you order are totally different numbers to the parts coming off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁