Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why I rarely read the sunday/courier mail

why I rarely read the sunday/courier mail

Somehow ended up with the SM today and read on page 75 where a bribie retiree enjoyed eating "female muddies" in Nth Qld Bowling Green Bay. So it's one of 2 issues, 1) they got their facts wrong, 2)they were correctly reported but then didn't check their facts. Probably won't read another xxx Mail for a long time again.

Re: why I rarely read the sunday/courier mail

Remotely possible crabs caught in NSW and sold in QLD? pretty long stretch though.

Statement read the angler (his name stated) put in 4 "safety" pots and spent over an hour extracting the meat.

OK, that leaves my theory out then!

Yep saw the same report, stated clearly the crabs were caught in NQ and the pots were full of females, which were then peeled and eaten !!

I just shook my head.

Did no-one on editorial staff proof read this report?

I bet Fisheries have already been talking to them.....
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

I wonder if they'll print a correction buried somewhere deep where no one reads.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    Yep saw the same report, stated clearly the crabs were caught in NQ and the pots were full of females, which were then peeled and eaten !!

I just shook my head.

Did no-one on editorial staff proof read this report?

I bet Fisheries have already been talking to them.....
    One would hope so.

I cant understand why it isnt illegal Australia wide to take Jennys. Its not that hard to tell the difference and there would be a lot more crabs and a lot more Happy Bucks (If you know what I mean) to mate with them.
    Just my opinion but to me it makes sence. Is there a reason why its legal in some states and not others to take female crabs?
    Mick
    Not all tools are usefull.
    Nappies and politicians should be changed regularly for the same reason..

I read that too and shook my head. I was pretty disappointed that the full page fishing reports have been removed and the big Sunday Mail crossword also.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    I read that too and shook my head. I was pretty disappointed that the full page fishing reports have been removed and the big Sunday Mail crossword also.
    I had noticed the format change, found the cartoons in the TV times section. I guess they need something to justify the price they charge for lots of advertising content and very little objective reporting.

That stupid 'Aussie Salvage Squad' on 7 mate last night showed them catching jennies, cleaning them and eating them - in the Whitsundays. If there isn't a prosecution in there then questions need to be asked of fisheries.
    nil carborundum illegitimi

Quote Originally Posted by GBC View Post
    That stupid 'Aussie Salvage Squad' on 7 mate last night showed them catching jennies, cleaning them and eating them - in the Whitsundays. If there isn't a prosecution in there then questions need to be asked of fisheries.
    Question has been asked, Boating and Fisheries are investigating both reports.

I reckon the SM is a great paper; nothing lights my pot bellie stove better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik View Post
    I reckon the SM is a great paper; nothing lights my pot bellie stove better.
    Is it the truth or did you read it in the sunday mail?
    For my combustion stove i use fire starters and the bullshit does not clog the chimney
    Cheers
    Ray

Some time back there was a survey put out by Agriculture and Fisheries if Qld Rec anglers wanted to take Jennies from Qld waters provided the jennies was at least 17cm plus as their sexual funicity is no longer. A lot of people voted yes, well over 3,000 people, then another survey came out and 400 people was against the idea. Once again the minority over ruled the majority. Simply stated Jennies are a no take.

Some of you recreational fishers would have seen or partook in this survey, if not, then you have a bad memory. It was here on Ausfish few years ago now.

Bondy