Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: why I rarely read the sunday/courier mail

Re: why I rarely read the sunday/courier mail

Quote Originally Posted by bondy99 View Post
    Some time back there was a survey put out by Agriculture and Fisheries if Qld Rec anglers wanted to take Jennies from Qld waters provided the jennies was at least 17cm plus as their sexual funicity is no longer. A lot of people voted yes, well over 3,000 people, then another survey came out and 400 people was against the idea. Once again the minority over ruled the majority. Simply stated Jennies are a no take.

Some of you recreational fishers would have seen or partook in this survey, if not, then you have a bad memory. It was here on Ausfish few years ago now.

Bondy
    My understanding is that they have a 3 - 4 year life span. If that is true, I would have no problem with them being taken when they are nearing the end of their natural life, assuming they are still good eating at that age.

Agree but at the moment we have to stay within the law. Trouble is I have trouble finding bucks in the northern end of Pumistone Passage, part of the problem is sharing my pots with unknowns.

Get some popcorn and hang on.

Having lived more than half my days in NQ i can tell you the next bag of Jenny shells found in the grass near the "Mexican" free camps will by no means be the last by a long shot. ( I know the CM said a Bribie resident but all NQ folk know anything south of Capricorn is Mexico )

do feel for the genuine "grey nomad" ( my inlaws are some) that get the despise of the locals because of some of the more greedy souls.

Just remember journalistic excellence of the CM is what makes a Trump Tweet sound creditable

BigE

Yep, I can relate to that.

A correction published today I believe whereby the crabby emptied lots of jennies and kept 9 bucks, I understand the SM took responsibility for the error.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    A correction published today I believe whereby the crabby emptied lots of jennies and kept 9 bucks, I understand the SM took responsibility for the error.

LOL. Never let the truth get in the way of a good story hey.