Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rainbow Beach Fishing Classic info

Rainbow Beach Fishing Classic info

Gday guys, just chasing a bit of general information on the rainbow beach comp. I have the dates as 19-27 of July 2019. This is a Friday to the following Saturday. Is the Friday normally a fishing day and also is the last Saturday a fishing day?
    Approximately how many boats normally enter and I assume the launching facilities are stretched?
    What sort of distances are people generally travelling to fish? I understand this will vary greatly but how far is considered the normal?
    Is the comp site at the sport club grounds?
    Anything else I need to be aware of is much appreciated.
    I am wanting to fish it in 2019 if possible.

Thanks in advance
    Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Re: Rainbow Beach Fishing Classic info

Quote Originally Posted by Any_Weather View Post
    Gday guys, just chasing a bit of general information on the rainbow beach comp. I have the dates as 19-27 of July 2019. This is a Friday to the following Saturday. Is the Friday normally a fishing day and also is the last Saturday a fishing day?
    Approximately how many boats normally enter and I assume the launching facilities are stretched?
    What sort of distances are people generally travelling to fish? I understand this will vary greatly but how far is considered the normal?
    Is the comp site at the sport club grounds?
    Anything else I need to be aware of is much appreciated.
    I am wanting to fish it in 2019 if possible.

Thanks in advance
    Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    Hi mate, ive been doing it now for about 18yrs, as to how many boats enter depends on the weather usually, this yr it was epic conditions and quite a few boats had entered. Boundary's are eurong to the north and noosa bar to the south. (friggin stupid i know as its 34km to eurong and 60km odd to noosa) I keep trying to say my piece to officials to make it even but you can go as far east as you wish. Rod and reels only with no electrics nor deck winches.
    Friday night it officialy starts and you can start fishing through to saturday afternoon as weigh in finishes 5pm i think.
    Its behind the club and fairly well setup. Get in early and book a house through cooloola coast realty.
    To give you an idea we did 4 overnighters, 1089km in the boat for the week and burnt 1439ltrs fuel....lol
    Theres 2 ramps now and you can launch in all tides, bullock point is best as its closer to the bar.

Hi Feral Cat, thanks a lot for this info. I didn’t realise it was no deck winches or electrics, that’s interesting as is the northern boundary as you say?
    I know a couple of people with holiday rentals in rainbow that I am hoping to get a house through, otherwise I will contact Cooloola Coast Realty.
    4 overnighters sounds fun, I would probably be keen for something similar if the weather plays the game again.
    Thanks again for your reply and let me know if you think of any other handy bits of info

Cheers
    Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

The new 3 lane ramp with a pontoon at Bullock Point was well patronised this year. The car park was full and there were cars and trailers parked up the dirt road for about 1klm at times. I heard Carlo Point boat ramp had space available but its a little further to travel to the bar if going outside or up the Straits.
    Most years boaties only get out a few times if theyre lucky with the weather.
    Cheers
    Tug_Tellum
    Not all tools are usefull.
    Nappies and politicians should be changed regularly for the same reason..

Thanks Tug_Tellum, at least there is the option to fish the straights if the weather is too wild offshore. I’ll make sure I pack some estuary gear also. Thanks for the ramp advice

Quote Originally Posted by feral cat View Post
    Hi mate, ive been doing it now for about 18yrs, as to how many boats enter depends on the weather usually, this yr it was epic conditions and quite a few boats had entered. Boundary's are eurong to the north and noosa bar to the south. (friggin stupid i know as its 34km to eurong and 60km odd to noosa) I keep trying to say my piece to officials to make it even but you can go as far east as you wish. Rod and reels only with no electrics nor deck winches.
    Friday night it officialy starts and you can start fishing through to saturday afternoon as weigh in finishes 5pm i think.
    Its behind the club and fairly well setup. Get in early and book a house through cooloola coast realty.
    To give you an idea we did 4 overnighters, 1089km in the boat for the week and burnt 1439ltrs fuel....lol
    Theres 2 ramps now and you can launch in all tides, bullock point is best as its closer to the bar.
    No electrics...WTF..pass

Justin has that bullock point ramp always been all tide access?..its been a few years since I launched up there but I thought the only option was carlo point..i thought bullock was more of a tinny/small boat ramp

Quote Originally Posted by soulfish View Post
    No electrics...WTF..pass

Justin has that bullock point ramp always been all tide access?..its been a few years since I launched up there but I thought the only option was carlo point..i thought bullock was more of a tinny/small boat ramp
    Haha c'mon jason, get back to old school and rod n reel it. Lol
    Yeah mate its an all tide ramp, i used to use it for about 10 yrs until they shut it down about 5yr ago. Deap water all through the channel until the very end where the yachts are all anchored up it gets a little shallow.
    I sit on 20knts all through there low or high tide. Your boat would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by soulfish View Post
    No electrics...WTF..pass

Like some of us Jason is getting a bit long in the tooth and needs all the help he can get, it's got to the stage where even I have invested in an electric set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Like some of us Jason is getting a bit long in the tooth and needs all the help he can get, it's got to the stage where even I have invested in an electric set up.
    Haha yeah mate i know the feeling. Im turning the corner myself, starting to fish a bit deeper where we have a few electrics but the funny part is we were only using em in over 120mtr but now its getting shallower and shallower... Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Sam ,,moejoes uses them for trout in 15-30mtrs...at least I only use them over 200

Jason, I'd use them in 10 meters if it catches fish ………

Powderpuffs

It's called working smarter, not harder

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Powderpuffs

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoes View Post
    It's called working smarter, not harder
    Where's the fun in that

Gday guys, plans have been changed as there is currently no vacant houses available in rainbow beach for the week of the comp. I am now going to do the same week at 1770. Thanks for all the info received and I would like to fish the comp one day but it seems accommodation is always going to be an issue.

Thanks again
    Lee