Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Noosacat economy

Noosacat economy

Hi all.
    Chasing anyone who owns a 2300/2400 Noosacat and their current fuel economy.
    I have F150 yammies on mine.

I’ve just finished trialling a set of 4 blades in the hope of improving economy and it made things worse.

Yes they are a heavy boat but I woukd have thought I’d get slightly better economy than what I do.

I currently get 0.85km per litre (at best)
    I trialled 4 blades and did 206km for 246l for fuel.( 17p 4 blades)
    That was running in ‘economy mode” 4000 rpm for 48-50km at 55-57l .(pisses me off to run so slow) 4400rpm was 55km/h @ 72l.. so that’s 0.7km/km. Terrible.

With the stainless black 3 blades I was running 4400rpm @ 60km for 70l hour. More my style but not great.

I’m wondering if the f150 yammies are just a thirsty engine?
    Surely the 2300noosacat isn’t that much heavier (maybe couple hundred kg at best)than 2400KC.
    They seem to get great economy and awesome speed from the 140’s.

Anyone have a similar boat and can share exact fuel usage?
    Not many blokes have precise fuel burn figures.
    I often run 400km round trips so fuel usage is a concern.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

Re: Noosacat economy

Can't really help you with economy, but, a couple of my mates have F150s and their fuel use is fine.

G'day
    I think it's possible that your NC is under powered with 115's and they are working a little hard
    Cheers
    Rod

Quote Originally Posted by Cape Crusader View Post
    G'day
    I think it's possible that your NC is under powered with 115's and they are working a little hard
    Cheers
    Rod
    No I’m running f150 yammies.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

[QUOTE=Flex;1645963]No I’m running f150 yammies.

Ooops, I still reckon I can do without glasses, but .....
    Cheers
    Rod

Flex I was running the 17px13 3/4 black props on my 2700nc..switched over to the 17 reliance yammy props..they were around 5% better on fuel..i run the reliance still on my new 4cly 200 yammys now..was getting around that 1.2ltrs to 1.3ltrs a klm with the 150s..but it did vary depending on load..up to 1.4ltrs per klm for a trip to 1770/breaksea with a very heavy load and 700ltrs of fuel on board..

On my 2012 2300 with 150 yammies
    On an average day going slow, fast , trolling then run home etc
    Use just bit more than 1:1
    So on say a 150 km day will use about 160-165 litres
    Running 4 blades

Cheers for the replies.

Yeah I tested set of 4 blades the same spec as your running Rex. Was very disappointed. Less speed. Worse economy. Getting 0.7km/litre at 4500 rpm. Terrible.

Going back to 3 blades and see what happens

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

Not sure how it would pan out on a cat but a large blade area 3 blade gave me the best economy mid range by a pretty significant margin. I'm now running a BRP Rebel prop which is similar to the Mercury Mirage Plus. Not sure if Yamaha has an equivalent.

Don't know why your result could be so different to mine
    I lost no speed either
    Weird

700 litre fuel tank!!!!! how on earth do u explain that fuel bill to the wife, with a fuel tank like that i would only need to fill up once every 5 years i'd be broke for the next 10 lol

Quote Originally Posted by rexaway123 View Post
    Don't know why your result could be so different to mine
    I lost no speed either
    Weird
    Yeah very odd. Motors are on top bolt hole.
    Rex do you have any speed figures at 4000 or 4500 rpm? Unless the turbo offshores are very different than the powertech. What max rpm you get.?
    I’m gunna test a set of 20’s and high cup 19’s.

I guess the motor height is OK?

Have you checked for water in the hulls, I know AL from Seatrek has drained a couple of them. He has a special drill bit to go right up the front of the hulls where the wate is tends to pool.

Noosacat economy

Thanks for the suggestion. But I have port hole access to every compartment. No water.
    Possibly being ex-rescue it’s heavier.altgough I don’t think that’s the case as all Noosacats are built the same I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums