Thread: Tideman boats of holland.

Tideman boats of holland.

Came across Tideman boats out of amsterdam, out board diesel, are you kidding me. HDPE indestructable construction , certainly are advanced in the thinking of boat building, australia is certainly a couple of decades behind, even New zealand is ahead of us in polyethelyne construction and ideas. wonder when it will take off here.

Re: Tideman boats of holland.

We have Polycraft...

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

I disagree.
    Its a different environment. We have more flat open waters.
    Their boats are more displacement boats, ours are more planing boats. As for indestructible, how much are you willing to pay for a boat? All the high tech fancy stuff comes at a cost. Sure even telwater looks like a backyard job compared to what your talking about, but until its 50c a pop coming out of a mould, you and i wont see it here anytime soon. ( sarcasm so please dont quote me anything accurate)
    As for polycraft, had a look. It wasnt cheap! Same cost as a new 445 without the same reputation. We build what we do because its cost effective and proven in our market. Dont get me wrong i love the tech stuff, but i also have to count the pennies.
    yes, i googled them and i can see by the specs they are work boats. Fuel tank sizes, economy and looks are two decades behind us. They are typical "high speed " displacement boats. Hahaha, read the specs and their idea of high speed is 30knots with 50 liter fuel tank rang of 50nm. (100hp)
    As i said different environment and expectations, you would be disappointed with that type of performance here.

Telewater....mass produced now I assume that was the reason you referenced them? I personally wouldn't have one but each to their own.

Cheers

Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Quote Originally Posted by ozscott View Post
    Telewater....mass produced now I assume that was the reason you referenced them? I personally wouldn't have one but each to their own.

Cheers

Yep, generically speaking, thats what most of us can afford and think appropriate for this country.

Hey Catshark, the Aussie dealer was trying to flog these a month or so ago on facebook yeah they look the part and had huge horse power engines on the boats but one look at the video the dealer uploaded the boat looked very unstable just crossing another boats wake it looked sketchy

from what we were shown the boats were glued together with a heated glue gun

some good points indeed, looking across the ditch the kiwis have Sea hull catamarans and heres the best one........REVO WASP power catamaran 742 powercat made out of plastic? looks like a design similar Kevlacat. Sooner or later the fibreglass build will eventually go the same way as bonwood boats.

was looking at poly craft, but they are heavy and design is in basic at this stage, the americans have good design but are bass boats, nothing that can handle our waters.

Just wait.......
    10 years down the track you’ll be 3D printing your own hulls in the shed........

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

i reckon your spot on , those big 3d printers are coming, rotomould a vessel in a week compare to a month to month wait for fibreglass. Any shape any configuration. Now how can i tow the fantastic plastic with my personal drone vehicle?

Quote Originally Posted by catshark View Post
    i reckon your spot on , those big 3d printers are coming, rotomould a vessel in a week compare to a month to month wait for fibreglass. Any shape any configuration. Now how can i tow the fantastic plastic with my personal drone vehicle?
    you honestly think the base materials wont be priced accordingly? My bet is that they will be priced at what the market can afford, expensive. see polycraft. You need a shit load of the stuff to make a boat.

Rotomoulded plastic isn't anything new but I can't ever see it taking over fibreglass - even if it is cheap. They are tough but certainly not indestructable ( the lads in the polycraft that cleaned up the wreck of the Rufus King will attest to this) although given Triumph's Bubba Test advertising, one can be forgiven for thinking as much......

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...6741&FORM=VIRE

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Rotomoulded plastic isn't anything new but I can't ever see it taking over fibreglass - even if it is cheap. They are tough but certainly not indestructable ( the lads in the polycraft that cleaned up the wreck of the Rufus King will attest to this) although given Triumph's Bubba Test advertising, one can be forgiven for thinking as much......

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...6741&FORM=VIRE
    That was hilarious bloody hell those Americans, but really its advertisement do u really think they used one boat the entire clip?

Who knows Gazza. You'll have to buy one and give it a rip . From my own experience though, any manufacturer that promotes things as unbreakable simply hasn't sold one to the right (wrong) client.

love that bubba test video " it would be interesting to see how much material you would need and cost price as well per kilo to rotomould a boat, granted it would be expensive as a start up product.