Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: It Begins..... Seafarer Ventura Stringers and floor.

Ausfish Silver Member

Re: It Begins..... Seafarer Ventura Stringers and floor.

Wow! What a difference a paint job makes!
    I like your choice of Grey/Matterhorn.
    Couldn't tell from the pics - Did you lift the transom 5"?

Quote Originally Posted by giddyup58 View Post
    Wow! What a difference a paint job makes!
    I like your choice of Grey/Matterhorn.
    Couldn't tell from the pics - Did you lift the transom 5"?
    No. I wanted to but the fibreglasser was pushing back...... I dont think he wanted to mess with it too much.
    Convinced me that a jack plate would be quicker/cheaper and just as good.
    At this stage i just wanted to get it done, and the budget is stretching......

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app

Looks good Ford i personally wouldn't go with a all black hull i remember posting a video of a tinny off Cronulla capsized it was all painted black under the hull the rescue helicoper was deployed and they could barely find the boat because of the black hull on a cloudy day the water was dark

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Looks good Ford i personally wouldn't go with a all black hull i remember posting a video of a tinny off Cronulla capsized it was all painted black under the hull the rescue helicoper was deployed and they could barely find the boat because of the black hull on a cloudy day the water was dark
    Yeah. I was thinking that, and i did want the white underneath, but thats how it turned out......
    I wasnt home to do anything about it.
    The painter tried it with a white hull, then grey from waterline to gunnels. He said it looked shit, so redid it all grey.
    I wasnt in phone range to ask.
    Looks good though, guess i will just do my best to keep it upright. :-)

Few big reflective safety stripes under the hull..........she'll be right - and the pelagics will think you are a bait ball...……...provided you stay right side up .

Finally making some progress. Days away from a water run.
    Been away getting the new (15 model) Suzuki 140 fitted.
    Picked it up this arvo.
    Figured I don't need seats, or much at all really to get it in the water, so patched a bit of flowcoat under the fuel tank so that can go in tomorrow, and a small bit of glass work where the gunnel rubber end caps attach that were missed earlier, so that they can all cure overnight and not hold me up tomorrow.
    Tomorrow, around kids soccer games etc, the fuel tank will go in, windows in, windscreen on, bilge pumps in, gunnel rubber on, oh, bungs in..... dunno, that's about all I'll need to get it out.
    Anyway, couple of photos attached.
    Still needs a sand out and re flowcoat, but that's later. There's a lot of overspray......20190406_165128.jpg20190406_165121.jpg20190406_165109.jpg

Looks sweet as Ford i thought they gray was going to be a darker gray looks perfect tho

Looks sweet as Ford i thought they gray was going to be a darker gray looks perfect tho
    The original photos were darker I think. Looks lighter in these ones, must be the lighting.......
    I am pretty happy with it. Can't wait to see how it comes up with windows and everything back on it.

Righto.
    Some progress to be happy with.
    Big day today. Got it ready to get wet.
    Bungs in, hatches and windows on. Gunnel rubber on, windscreen on, fuel tank sealed in......
    Really stoked with how it looks now.
    Nowhere near finished, inside needs finishing, and kids are going to be sitting on life jackets for a while, but at least I can get it wet now.
    Wasn't 100% on the black on white Seafarer decals, but they're growing on me.
    The Ventura 17 ones I am really happy with. I think they look great and the colour is bang on. Especially when my choices were light grey, grey and dark grey (I chose dark grey).
    Hopefully everything goes well tomorrow.
    Photos attached.20190408_135202.jpg20190408_135206.jpg20190408_135213.jpg20190408_162112.jpg20190408_170045.jpg

well done looks great , like the stickers and the rego in the circle on the tilt is a winner, where you got the stickers from ? the hull color is choice too.. looking forward to water trial test.

Quote Originally Posted by catshark View Post
    well done looks great , like the stickers and the rego in the circle on the tilt is a winner, where you got the stickers from ? the hull color is choice too.. looking forward to water trial test.
    The seafarer and rego labels were through ultimate marine decals. Got them off eBay.
    Didn't mean to tilt so much, but I had a look and I think it's not so bad as the front of the boats jacked up pretty high......
    Wasn't sure what to line it up with, the chine or the gunnel......
    Hope it's all good anyway.
    Can't remember where the Ventura 17 one was from, I just googled marine vinyl decals and found one I liked.

Water run couldn't have gone better.
    Cruises nicely on 30kts at 5000rpm.
    Got to 35+kts at one point, but I think it's a little under propped as it was pushing 6500rpm, with more to go.....
    Handled really well. Couldn't be happier at this stage.
    And it didn't sink.20190409_091822.jpg

Of course it didn't sink u built it using epoxy resin thatstuff is harder than Rambo's nuts

Of course it didn't sink u built it using epoxy resin thatstuff is harder than Rambo's nuts
    Haha yeah it is pretty solid.
    Was nice to take the bungs out and not a drop of water came out.......

The round rego labels haven't really worked out though...... both sides got damaged, peeling off etc. Not sure why, maybe fenders rubbing on them