Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: It Begins..... Seafarer Ventura Stringers and floor.

Re: It Begins..... Seafarer Ventura Stringers and floor.

Making progress. Basically all construction now done.
    Did a bit of flowcoating, the hard to reach places....
    Got my seatbases glassed in.
    Tried the forward hatch for size, found the latch to be a bit off centre. I know that it would bug the shit out of me everytime i looked at it, and being the middle of the floor. That's a lot..... filled and recut the hole, happy now......
    Took the tank out again, was only sitting in.
    Some flowcoating and its done. Construction wise anyway.
    I do plan on building a new dash, but I'll do that once its mostly done....
    Anyway, a few photos.
    I will reassamble it for photos soon, theres more done then it looks like.....20190118_105726.jpg20190119_154457.jpg20190119_154511.jpg

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app

Getting there. Slow and steady wins the race. Looks like our doing a great job. I’m keen to see the finished product as you are I expect.

Well done - keep up the good work.

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

Got it all flowcoated this morning.
    Pretty stoked.
    Once its gone off ill have a look, will need touch up/another coat, but happy with it right now.
    Got my hatches sorted. Fuel tank hatch, some idiot cut the hole too big (me)..... fixed that, and got the storage hatch hole centered, so it wont annoy me now.....
    I can be a real perfectionist at times, i see these build threads on here and facebook and they look so good, then get frustrated with the small things that arent right on this..... then i look at my photos and it looks just as good, so can only imagine that all these builds have small bits that the owners not happy with.
    Overall i think its coming up okay.20190120_105749.jpg20190120_105758.jpg

Just be careful putting a second coat on, I found it not so easy as the first coat (but I am no professional) especially if you are just doing a touch up, the edges don't just kind of disappear like paint does, you will have a "step" and the second coat doesn't kind of stick to the first one (maybe the wax?) it certainly can be done, but, as you mention you are a perfectionist, it might give you some grief.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Just be careful putting a second coat on, I found it not so easy as the first coat (but I am no professional) especially if you are just doing a touch up, the edges don't just kind of disappear like paint does, you will have a "step" and the second coat doesn't kind of stick to the first one (maybe the wax?) it certainly can be done, but, as you mention you are a perfectionist, it might give you some grief.
    Cheers.
    Ill see how it goes.
    I plan on doing eva foam floor, hopefully something like that photo. Obviously that's a professional seadeck install..... but thats the idea. Therefore i can handle a less then perfect finished floor.
    I put the side panels in for a fit check. Not too bad.
    2 things, i can't get the brush on flowcoat finish good enough, and too much white (maybe better with the flooring in, but dunno).
    So ive decided on a solution to both. I'm going to sand them back to smooth, then get them sprayed the same grey as im going to do the boat, which should be the same as the floor. I reckon that'll look good.
    2K has no dramas going over flowcoat i hope?20180825_103600.jpg20190121_173255.jpg

Slow progress.
    Retiling the house floor now too. And the Mrs. Conveniently decided to organise it for the week she goes back to work.....
    Been doing bits and pieces.
    Have stripped it out more. Windows out, new dash in etc.
    Plan on towing to the painter for him to have a look tomorrow.
    Then onto the upholsterer who is next door to him to see what they think.
    Bunch of bits and pieces inside that i need to touch up, but too hot today......20190130_155013.jpg20190130_155022.jpg

Nice looking boat Ford those seat post and side panels look nicely done, are u painting the whole outside?

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Nice looking boat Ford those seat post and side panels look nicely done, are u painting the whole outside?
    Whole outside getting done.
    I plan on doing a charcoal top of the hull.
    It will have light grey flooring, going to sand back the inside panels and paint the same charcoal.
    I couldnt get the inside panels good enough with a brush, and it was very white. I thought paint to match outside would look good.
    And cabin upholstery lighter grey to match flooring......
    Seats are still blue/white though, will change them to match grey colors later.....
    Hopefully.

The top, top will be white, just charcoal from waterline to gunnels. To clarify.

Should look nice

Looking good! I’d be interested in what the painter has to say on prep and cost of painting the outside as I will get to that stage later this year myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Crooked View Post
    Looking good! I’d be interested in what the painter has to say on prep and cost of painting the outside as I will get to that stage later this year myself.
    Where you located? I found a guy up bribie way, nice bloke, does a good job and cheap. Low overheads.
    Plus hes happy for me to help, cheaper again.

Ah yeah unfortunately i’m up in Cairns. But hopefully I can find someone up here who will do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Crooked View Post
    Ah yeah unfortunately i’m up in Cairns. But hopefully I can find someone up here who will do the same.
    Should be able to get away with about 2 grand.
    Going to see about building the transom up for 25in leg too, so maybe 500 more or so......
    Im helping him, and he is doing it on the cheap for me, kind of a mate.....
    Also got another of my mates to help, my usual fishing partner, told him he can come and earn some fishing credits......

Quick update.
    Been away for another month for work. Boat got painted while i was away, havent seen it in the flesh yet, but looks pretty good apparently.
    Getting the suzuki 140 put on when i get home, cant wait, getting close.
    Some before painter and after photos (mrs emailed them to me).....20190130_155013.jpg20190130_155022.jpgPSX_20190316_150415.jpgPSX_20190316_150553.jpgPSX_20190316_150608.jpg