Thread: Heads Up, There is a set of Bertram 25' moulds for sale

Heads Up, There is a set of Bertram 25' moulds for sale

Hey guys just seen a bloke list a set of Bertram 25 foot moulds on FB being sold by Geoff Dunn i thought it were a great find, too big for me not enough hands to lay the glass while resin is wet, would make a awesome 25 footer centre console

Re: Heads Up, There is a set of Bertram 25' moulds for sale

How much for the moulds?
    tug tellum
    Not all tools are usefull.
    Nappies and politicians should be changed regularly for the same reason..

I think $6500 everything was included

there are a few more pics on the add on fb thought i would post these pics for people who dont have a fb account

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    there are a few more pics on the add on fb thought i would post these pics for people who dont have a fb account
    Going by the clips, couldn't have been too popular

You would have to inspect the molds in person as they don't seem to be in good condition, there may be lots of damage to them and the cost of repairing them might be quite prohibitive in time, money and effort. Good condition molds have an almost perfect finish and will reflect light, these ones seem to have been exposed to the elements or left outside in an upright condition collecting all sorts of rubbish in them. If that is the case they also may have osmosis.

Probably make a good plate boat form
    just drop in the ally sheets cut to size and weld away then do the frame for it after the shell is done

for me and my mates a trip out is 4 blokes in a 5.3m boat or less so it gets a bit squashy so these 7.6m moulds would be fantastic for me just a huge job to say the lease for one person to do all the glassing, i don't know the width of this bertram but if its under 2.5m it would make for a nice trailer boat without the hassles of a permit

i hear what Edberg mentioned they look neglected sitting outside on what looks to be a farm but just those two bottom hull moulds would be worth it

shame they are so far away from me i am in Sydney the moulds are in Victoria i could have gone and got better pictures i they were closer

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    ... i don't know the width of this bertram but if its under 2.5m it would make for a nice trailer boat without the hassles of a permit ...
    Gazza the 25 Berty beam was 9’6” or there about, well over 2.5m.

They look in very bad shape from those pics anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish mobile app