Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: silicone grease and gelcoat

Re: silicone grease and gelcoat

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Do you use a particular brand of carnauba wax, I've been trying to get hold of some Collinite as it was quite good when I had some once before but a bit hard to get locally.
    Hi Dignity
    If you go to any fibreglass supplier they will sell mould wax which is what you want. There is no cutting compound in mould release wax. Your local fibreglass factory may sell you some if you ask nicely.
    Noelm, I havent found acetone or anything else gets rid of silicone. It does dilute it but like a Horrible Dreaded Pox nothing gets rid of it
    tug tellum
    Not all tools are usefull.
    Nappies and politicians should be changed regularly for the same reason..

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    You haven't ruined my boat have you Sam?
    Just trying to make it pretty for you Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by shakey55 View Post
    Try sending the manufacturers an email outlining your concerns. They may have the answer as I would think they may have come across this in research and development.

Can’t hurt
    Label lost long time ago unfortunately. It originally was packed as part of a cable joint package, found it very usefully for getting cable through pipes etc and only need a very small amount so it has lasted forever, a citron based cleaner from switzerland was used to clean up excess but don't have any and the stuff you buy these days is useless.

Hi Sam i would start with degreaser & then wipe down with thinners finely give it a polish

Thanks COL, to be truthful it's not a large stain abut half the sise of my palm, wax job coming up next week and hopefully if it decides to change its small enough to not really be noticeable.

Dignity, if left alone it will probably wear off sooner or later. I dont know of any harm it will do.
    tug tellum
    Not all tools are usefull.
    Nappies and politicians should be changed regularly for the same reason..