Thread: 50HP Etec oil question

50HP Etec oil question

Hi there. I am just wondering if anyone has changed from the XD50 oil to the XD100 oil in their 50HP etec or similar. I am told changing to the XD100 oil can get better fuel economy but the dealer needs to reflash the ecu first. Any info would be great. Cheers

Re: 50HP Etec oil question

No change in fuel economy, and it just needs to be set, not flashed, I think the default is XD100 and you can set it for XD50, but, I could have it arse about!

Quote Originally Posted by I GOT CRABS View Post
    Hi there. I am just wondering if anyone has changed from the XD50 oil to the XD100 oil in their 50HP etec or similar. I am told changing to the XD100 oil can get better fuel economy but the dealer needs to reflash the ecu first. Any info would be great. Cheers
    I dont think the fuel consumption will differ anything significant. The oil consumption, however, will reduce considerably. You can use XD50 /XD100 on XD50 setting, but ONLY XD100 on XD100 setting.

thanks for the input

cheers for the reply. Mine is XD50 from new

Quote Originally Posted by I GOT CRABS View Post
    cheers for the reply. Mine is XD50 from new
    Mine will be too. Xd100 is expensive here and i recon hard to get in thailand. So mine will stay xd50 when i get over there as its probably going to be easier to find.