Thread: Beware

Beware

lock your boat trailers another one stolen from donnybrook boat ramp yesterday in the day light
    cheers snap

Beware

It happens far to regularly. I’d like to catch the bastards and tow them out to sea.

Unfortunately there are people on this earth that believe it is their god given right to take what others have worked hard for.

What is sad is they are either fellow boaters or people trying to make a dollar. If it is the latter it still gets back to fellow boaters buying a trailer at a cheap price

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

Re: Beware

its a low low act, ives always locked mine and when overnighting i used to chain the rims as well, imagine the angst and dread in not seeing your trailer there and then having to sought out another means to get a trailer. the nerve of some people to pinch someones trailer baffles me.

Yes it is such a bad feeling and a right pain in the behind when you come back from fishing and find your trailer gone! I use a KOVIX Alarmed trailer lock now that I live in Brisbane. Sad that we can't trust ppl any more!
    Attachment 117686
    Bubs Fish till ya drop......Clark 4.49 Rebel SC 60hp Merc Lowrance HDS Carbon 9in & FS 7in

Thanks for the heads up. I only use a small lock on the towball clip. I use Donnybrook a fair bit. Time to get out the heavier security gear.

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I only use a small lock on the towball clip. I use Donnybrook a fair bit. Time to get out the heavier security gear.
    Can't validate the statement as I have never bothered to ring and check but I was told at one stage that insurance won't pay unless an "approved" trailer lock is fitted. Overnighting I run the hitch lock and a wheel clamp. I haven't been directly on the receiving end of a stolen trailer but have had to take my rig home and drop it on the lawn to return to the ramp with my trailer and recover a mates boat after we came back to the ramp at Raby Bay after an overnighter. Took him six weeks to get a replacement out of Club Marine.

Yes - it’s sheer laziness. The hitch lock is usually in the back of the car. Note to self.

chains arnt considered deterrents according to many insurers
    wheel clamp and a hitch helmet and you need two forms

read your policies

Quote Originally Posted by 39NESP View Post
    lock your boat trailers another one stolen from donnybrook boat ramp yesterday in the day light
    cheers snap
    Any security measures on the stolen trailer? Back into boating after a hiatus. Which ramps around Brisbane be people consider safe(ish) versus I would never park my trailer there.....

Simple way to stop them is reverse the trailer into the park / kerb / tree so they can not take the trailer without taking the car too.
    Jack.