Thread: Under rated lure

Under rated lure

Just thought id post this here. Relatively new to page and just trying to contribute.

My Favourite lure, and when i speak to other fisho's, it must be the most under rated lure, Is a Blade.

I use large blades, around 2-3 inches and up to 3/4 ounce in the river, and these account for over 50% of my fish, inc my Pbs on jew,bream,flatty and whitting.

When speaking to other fishos and asking what blades they use, most look at me and don't know what im talking about, or say, No, never used one.

if you don't have 1 in your box, get 1, My favourite go to lure.

What do others think.

have a good day.

Re: Under rated lure

Hi ALMS. Its always good to hear from a fisho who has success on lures that may be less well known. I used a couple of blades a little but without success. I would like to use them again. What types do you use and how do you use them for the main species you have success on. What weights, sizes and line/hole position on the blade. Always keen to learn. And welcome to the Ausfish community!

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

I know they work trolling for bass.

What techniques do you use with them alms?

Blades have been a favorite of the bass fishing fraternity for quite a while now - particularly sitting over schooled up fishes in impoundments ( simply fished with a slow lift & drop..... just get it to vibrate) . The same goes for Estuary perch down south. Bream are also fond of the little vibes (blades) ..... either hopped along the bottom or dropped down the side of structure ( pylons etc)

OK the reality is that you can pretty well pick up most things with fins on a blade - i've caught Bass , EPs , Bream , Flathead , Snapper , Jew , Kingfish , Barra , Jack , Coral trout , GTs & Queenfish ..... just scale up or down for the target species .

It would be a rare occasion that there wouldn't be a blade (TT , Little Max , Sonic Boom , Ecogear VX45 or Jackall ) in my boat .
    *An interesting variation on the traditional thin blade are the bigger hunks of steel like the IMA vibe 80 ..... while not cheap some pretty switched on fishoes are using these with great success on Jew & Threadfin Salmon - & I recently saw how effective they were on rockbar Fingermark ...... i'll certainly be taking a few when I do my Whitsundays trip in December . I reckon the odd Trout & the like would be partial to them.
    So yes .... those little hunks of metal catch fish

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Hi Guys, I use these lures in the Clarence river , NSW on flathead and school jew. By catch of horse bream to 50cm is common also huge elbow slapper whiting have been known to hit them. Cod, tailor and snapper, really isnt much i havnt caught on a blade. very simple to use, allow to sink to the bottom, often in the clarence with the deep holes you need to use the tide to help them sink, but once down, if targeting Jew, i will use a 4-5ft single motion rod lift, flatties like a 1-2ft twitching action, in saying that, just about catch them any old how, as long as you moving the blade up and down and gettting the vibration. We do have expensive days here, esp with all the reefs clarence has, and double trebs catching up every rock, we have days of 5 blades lost, then days of 25 flatty and 4 jew on 1 blade. so give or take. My fav colour is a lime green. I always take 2 rods, 1 loaded with a blade and 1 with a plastic, as for some strange reason, 1 day its blades, next day its plastics, and they never do the same thing 2 days in a row.

I have had stonker days on the Bass using spinners so I can see that they would like blades. Thanks guys great tips. I will start using them again.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing