Thread: Simrad Go9 Xse Basic guide help

Simrad Go9 Xse Basic guide help

Hi.

I have a Simrad Go9xse wih totalscan transducer only at this stage, so don't have forward scan just yet, I'm working on that by Christmas time.

But my sounder knowledge and understandings are very basic, I've never owned a reasonable sounder before, therefore, never learnt how to use or what basic functions do.

I have scoured YouTube, and there are no real demo's on there, plenty of demo's on the overall unit for promo use, but none going through the actions and features giving real time info.

Apart from the obvious, of getting it on the water and actually using it, does anyone know of any pages / links, to give me hand in learning to use my sounder to my best advantage with basic demonstartions.

Thankyou

Re: Simrad Go9 Xse Basic guide help

The Simrad was one of my options but ended up with the Elite Ti 9 with totalscan transducer. Doubt you will be dissaapointed with you unit as have heard good things about it and 7f like the ti you will be more than happy.
    Unless mistaken you may have the fishreveal option with the Simrad ?? , if so use it with your downscan !!.
    Tell us what type of fishing you do ie; Offshore or Estuary n may be able to further assist
    200 khtz shallow water or h7gh chirp
    445 for structure
    800 for fish
    play around with your pallettes for better definition of bottom n fish reveal.
    play around with your contrast with both down n sidescan
    Will suss out a youtube vid which may help you out a tad..
    may be enough fer starters ??.

Do the You Tube search for Lowrance. Should be more hits. Controls will be different but the principles will be the same - same gear different case.

Do like Scott sez n check out you tube , look up "Understanding Sonar " which is mainly based on Lowrance sonars which should realate to Simrad.
    Will be a starting point for you and sure will help heaps.

ok, thankyou for replies, I didn't realise that Lowrance worked very similar. I fish 75% estuary up to 60ft in places, even 70-80ft in a few, with lots of natural caves and reef, and outside to generally the 200ft line.

Have you been through the setup process ??, if not do so and unless you wish to stick with auto set your unit for for shallow water and as previouse syated with other settings.