Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7 Meter Plate Boat Hard top - Formosa or something else

Re: 7 Meter Plate Boat Hard top - Formosa or something else

here in victoria you can tow up to 3mt wide without a permit , 2.5m+ you need corner flags and oversized banner "no big deal"
    i think any 7mt boat should be at least 2.5 wide or more if you want a decent stable ride. "wild generalization i know"

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

Just sell lefty and get one of these

Ausfish Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Alloy hulls with the big reverse chine that comes up out of the water forward are painful too if you are a light sleeper. Foam filling may help but I wasn't game to try when I bought my own rig.
    if overnighters are big on your list, you'd better have another good reason to want a platey. All ally boats are noisy at rest, period, no matter how big they are. I've spent many a night at sea in large ( to 50ft) plate hulls, and preferred to swag it on the deck rather than endure the constant slap down below.

Ended up buying a Surtees 700 Gamesfisher.... after looking at the Formosa and all the other entry level plate boats like Yellowfin and Stacer, there is a massive difference in built quality, especially around the quality of welding and paint finish. Also it seems that the Surtees is the softest riding plate boat on the market at the moment.. Comfort is a big factor.

Yeah groovy boat mate. did y ou go enclosed wheelhouse?

Quote Originally Posted by sancho69 View Post
    Ended up buying a Surtees 700 Gamesfisher.... after looking at the Formosa and all the other entry level plate boats like Yellowfin and Stacer, there is a massive difference in built quality, especially around the quality of welding and paint finish. Also it seems that the Surtees is the softest riding plate boat on the market at the moment.. Comfort is a big factor.

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

No, its a 7mt gamefisher, hardtop - i'll get removable plastic clears made up behind the seats. The hard top is nice, but its another 10k+.... and it takes more space away...

Plastic clears will keep the wind out and any spray if the weather gets really bad...