Thread: 98cm Snapper

98cm Snapper

Got my own PB and boat PB for length the other day. Got no dawn bite on the plastics so was still throwing one around to prove they work whilst I had the customers on bait mid morning. Hooked up and it ran under the bow. I had the rod in the water 80% of the fight. It took lots of string on 15lb braid and I was thinking cobia. I had three old guys and one of their daughters probably in her 30s and I didn't think anyone was capable of playing it considering where it ended up and how it had to fought underneath the boat. Anyway during the mayhem they landed 2 squire and we had a three way tangle, including the big one. If floated up 15m off the back of the boat and we got the tangle sorted then netted it. It really wanted to be caught. Back at the jetty it weighed 9.26kg on little Berkley digital scales. I was guessing in the 9s and it was 87cm fork length. Weighed a fat 89cm the other day that went 8.49kg and I expected it to be in the 8s and the old biggest one was 96cm but did go 9.98kg back at the jetty. Got a few more squire, a parrot and a reef shark but a big quiet compared to the rest of the my trips. The arvo was a bit quiet too. Must have been the notherly wind about 12knots all day.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180725_123149.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	117442   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180725_080934.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	117443  

Re: 98cm Snapper

Which ones the snapper Smithy??

nice fish smithy

Awesome, big old knobby that one.

We are out with you in a couple of weeks, hopefully there will be a couple like that around then.

Nice fish Rob, seem to be a few showing up of late especially up your end of town!

Hopefully they continue for another month or two at least..

That’s a cracker of a fish well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob that's just awesome on 15lb, not to mention the other complications.

I reckon those plastics might work😬

Cheers

jim

Absolute cracker.