Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suzuki engine interface cables V 2.30 available from US

Re: Suzuki engine interface cables V 2.30 available from US

Quote Originally Posted by skipalong View Post
    Where can I get a Suzuki interface cable in brisbane I have a 2016 engine with a supplied ver 2.7 but gmi 20 gauge does nothing want to try new interface lead thanks
    Replied to your PM, you have the wrong interface software for a 2016 engine. Assuming of course that the NMEA2000 network is correctly installed and powered. Of course the Suzuki data only shows up when the engine key is turned to the on position.

turn the engine key on. In the Garmin gauges find the network menu, or the device list. The Suzuki device should be listed there. If not there could be a connection or power issue for the network.

Your existing cable can be reloaded with V3.5.0 which is what you need. But can only be done with a Simrad or Lowrance display that takes Sd card attached to the network. Then the network needs to be configured.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Re: Suzuki engine interface cables V 2.30 available from US

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    Y

I am assuming that you dont have any digital guages now, but simply have a basic NMEA2000 network with the Suzuki interface cable connected to the network along with the Simrad and a power source.

That being the case, I am very very confident that you will be buying me that ! A Pure Blonde will be fine! 

Let us know how you go. If you are in Brisbane area and have any difficulties I can likely help out.

note: the digital gauge they will want to sell you is likely a new OEM Suzuki gauge that doesnt use an interface cable at all - it connects directly to the engine gauge harness behind the dash. It really doesnt give you anything much that you are already not getting with the Suzuki interface connected via the network to the Simrad.

I am confident that with the right interface software version uploaded to your existing cable, you will be good to go.

Also, just one other thought - your network T’s and cables MUST be set up to look like this:

terminating resistor - T - T - T - terminating resistor.

And the interface cable, cable to the Simrad, and the power cable MUST be connected to the leg of the T’s. Ideally, power should go to the centre T.

Make sure its set up like that, or it will NOT work properly.

Hi Moonlighter,
    Just tried doing the update, however i select the file on the SD card and press update and it just takes to a page called Remote Upgrade Progress but nothing comes up.
    Key to engine is on and have tried in both master and slave units.

Any ideas?

Regards
    Tom